All-Star Coed Partner Stunting! Is A Girl Doing Toss To Hands The Same Amount Of Points As A Guy?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Mar 19, 2012
Lets say your on a coed team with smaller boys who struggle to coed stunt but you have girls on the team that are big enough to partner stunt other girls. Can you max out you score sheet with 4 girls doing toss to hands for example, or any kind of partner stunting with four girl flyers? I was told that it is mandatory for the boys to partner stunt and if girls do it over the guys you wont max out on points. But IMO this statement is sexist because what if you have a small coed team with 4 small boys on it who can tumble but arnt strong enough to partner stunt. It's not fair for them to make a lower level just because they are boys and arnt strong enough to single base?! So shouldnt the gym be able to put bigger girls on the team to hit that section of the score sheet So its fair. The same skills are being performed in the rutine its just the girls are doing the guys part?

We were told at JamU last year that girls partner stunting coed style will NOT get credit for coed partner stunts. It has to be guys.

We were told at JamU last year that girls partner stunting coed style will NOT get credit for coed partner stunts. It has to be guys.

Yep (although I don't exactly understand the reasoning behind it...)

Here's the clarification (page 4):
http://www.thejambrands.com/JAMScore/Cheer/1112ScoringClarifications.pdf

You have to have one male and one female, but there's no rule stipulating who should be the base or the top, so it appears that a female could base a male and you'd still get the credit.

I've never met a guy who was too small to partner stunt unassisted. If he's younger/still developing, he needs to have a size/skill appropriate flyer.

I think that girls should definitely get extra points for unassisted partner stunts!

I think they should get some kind of points, but it wouldn't make sense to get points under coed stunting when the stunt isn't coed (boy and girl).

I agree with reaxion07 that a boy on a senior team should and could easily be able to partner stunt if given the right flyer and taught the right way. I have seen amazing tumblers who are smaller that can do toss stunts straight to the top no problem.

Yep (although I don't exactly understand the reasoning behind it...)

Here's the clarification (page 4):
http://www.thejambrands.com/JAMScore/Cheer/1112ScoringClarifications.pdf

You have to have one male and one female, but there's no rule stipulating who should be the base or the top, so it appears that a female could base a male and you'd still get the credit.

Okay so that clarify's jambrand events but what about varsity events? and IMO if a girl can do it she should get the same amound of points as a guy! if a girl does a full its worth the same amount of points as a guy doing a full

I think they should get some kind of points, but it wouldn't make sense to get points under coed stunting when the stunt isn't coed (boy and girl).

I agree with reaxion07 that a boy on a senior team should and could easily be able to partner stunt if given the right flyer and taught the right way. I have seen amazing tumblers who are smaller that can do toss stunts straight to the top no problem.

True but it should still count as something an unassisted stunt is still an unassisted stunt no matter what gender performs it

True but it should still count as something an unassisted stunt is still an unassisted stunt no matter what gender performs it

I agree, I just don't know where it would count because it wouldn't be coed. I would also think that if she is the only one doing it then it wouldn't really count as much anyway because it is just 1 stunt.

Okay so that clarify's jambrand events but what about varsity events? and IMO if a girl can do it she should get the same amound of points as a guy! if a girl does a full its worth the same amount of points as a guy doing a full

The whole point of specifying coed is to start putting an emphasis on partner stunting. Anyone can put two guys underneath a stunt and it will most likely hit, despite technique being used. I'm not familiar with Jambrand score sheets, but it's probably safe to assume that if a girl was partner stunting on an all-girl team, they would get more points for it somewhere.

The whole point of specifying coed is to start putting an emphasis on partner stunting. Anyone can put two guys underneath a stunt and it will most likely hit, despite technique being used. I'm not familiar with Jambrand score sheets, but it's probably safe to assume that if a girl was partner stunting on an all-girl team, they would get more points for it somewhere.
I agree - why can't we call it "partner stunting" on the scoresheet instead of "coed stunting?" There are some fierce female bases out there who can toss to hands and should get the same number of points as any guy who can do the same - regardless of what kind of team, coed or all-girl.

I think that the girls should be getting points as well as boys. But as for the boys not getting to be at their level isn't "unfair" You don't see a professional football team putting a wide receiver on the field who is super fast but can't catch a ball. You've got to do whats best for the team. Make those boys hit the gym and earn the spot in all aspects.

not trying to bash any little boys out there :p

One of my friends Chanel (Now on Coed Elite), got to compete with CEA Medium Coed all because she's a BEAST at partner stunting. She doesn't tumble. She was the point stunt and it was a single base stunt. She's only 13! How can that not maxout?!?

I've never met a guy who was too small to partner stunt unassisted. If he's younger/still developing, he needs to have a size/skill appropriate flyer.

I think that girls should definitely get extra points for unassisted partner stunts!
im a guy and i never could coed stunt anybody and i have fetus flyers, it hurt my back to much.

Back