College College Programs

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Here's all of the NAIA schools that have declared their cheerleading team varsity or a club. This does not include all of the schools, just those that have communicate the status of their cheerleading team to the NAIA. However, if a team is varsity they should be declared, so if there is an NAIA school that has a cheerleading team and they are not declared varsity on the list you can probably assume that they are a club.

http://naia.cstv.com/member-services/championships/EmergingSports/Documents/CCD_Institutions.pdf

Thank you for being helpful! Weeding through all of the college cheer stuff is quite the project, and receiving return phone calls/ responses to emails from a few programs has been...uh...challenging (NOT Slippery Rock). We were excited to see Slippery Rock on the video, and then I remembered that you said they decided NO. I figured since you offered to give more information, I would ask you directly...thinking maybe I was not the only one confused :)

its okay, you're very welcome! if things change i most certainly will keep you updated. or if you end up still being interested regardless, just let me know! I know you said it was stunt you were interested in, but i can still talk to you about our cheer program as a whole as well. we're actually having a meeting tonight to discuss next year

Well, it probably goes without saying that Kentucky considers their cheerleaders to be athletes and what they do as a sport. Here is some of what they do:
Give scholarships to entire blue squad.
Assign an athletic trainer to the teams.
Allow the cheerleaders access to traning room.
Allow cheerleaders access to academic support systems for athletes (CATS).
Puts banner in basketball arena with cheerleading championships listed.
Provides same clothing (Nike appearal) as other athletic teams.
Pays for and provides championship rings and senior rings.
Provides letter jacket after 2 years in program/considers athletes as varsity letter winners.

UKCheerdad I actually have a question that was brought up before that you may be able to answer. I know that it is said that the Blue Squad receives scholarships but reading about it on the UK athletic website it sounds like they only receive in-state waivers. How does this work? Do those who are out of state have to pay the difference or is it like a full ride type of thing? I have always been interested in how it works because what the website says is a little confusing.

The way that works is, if you are out of state, UK will pay the in state tuition portion of the tution. The remainder is paid by the student/family. So if Out of State tuition is 10,000 and in state is 5000, then the scholarship is worth 5000. You would have to pay the remainder of the out of state tutiton.

Well, it probably goes without saying that Kentucky considers their cheerleaders to be athletes and what they do as a sport. Here is some of what they do:
Give scholarships to entire blue squad.
Assign an athletic trainer to the teams.
Allow the cheerleaders access to traning room.
Allow cheerleaders access to academic support systems for athletes (CATS).
Puts banner in basketball arena with cheerleading championships listed.
Provides same clothing (Nike appearal) as other athletic teams.
Pays for and provides championship rings and senior rings.
Provides letter jacket after 2 years in program/considers athletes as varsity letter winners.

the day this happens in all schools, I will be the happiest girl alive. I can deal without the rest of it, but ATs? every team should have one. club, varsity, all star, hs, youth, don't care. If it's a sport, they should have an AT.

The way that works is, if you are out of state, UK will pay the in state tuition portion of the tution. The remainder is paid by the student/family. So if Out of State tuition is 10,000 and in state is 5000, then the scholarship is worth 5000. You would have to pay the remainder of the out of state tutiton.

Thank you for the clarification, that is how I always thought it worked but some people always argued that it was 100%. It would be really nice if more schools went to the in state waiver type of scholarship. It would help a lot of those athletes who want to go out of state to a school that doesn't offer full scholarships.

Thank you for the clarification, that is how I always thought it worked but some people always argued that it was 100%. It would be really nice if more schools went to the in state waiver type of scholarship. It would help a lot of those athletes who want to go out of state to a school that doesn't offer full scholarships.

Stephen F Austin offers out of state tuition waivers to every athelte plus $500-$800 extra per semester. Also each semester the highest gpa of all the males and the highest gpa of all the females get an extra $1600. Keep in mind SFA's in state tuition is only 3,200 for 15 credit hours per semester and the apartments around the area range from $220-$400 per person per month. SFA is a great option for out of state cheerleaders that are looking to cheer on a top ranked team without having to blow there parents banks apart

Latest posts

Back