All-Star Comp Rules On Jewelry?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I've only had one girl with one. There were two solutions:
1. Take it off going.on.to the floor and give to.a.coach to hold. Then coach met her as she stepped off the floor.

2. Take it off and use medical tape to tape it to her chest/torso where it was.covered by the uniform.
option 2 sounds interesting ive never heard of people doing it that way

option 2 sounds interesting ive never heard of people doing it that way
there was a thread on here about people who have insulin pumps etc and how they dealt with them on the floor. I know some said they had temporary tattoos for comps when they couldnt wear medical bracelets that provided the same information . so clever!!

ive always had a question about this, what about medical alert bracelets? ive been at gyms where coaches tell us to just tape over them but never have actually taped them always taken them off cause they kill my wrists like a son of gun when i base baskets but is this legal (im assuming not but what do coaches do with athletes like this?)
We never took my CP's medic alert bracelet off, just taped it down. The competitions can get really hectic and that's one less thing for me to worry about or keep track of. Plus it had a lobster claw clasp which was almost impossible to remove.

IMO, belly button rings aren't THAT cute or that necessary that you can't wait until you have finished a sport that can cause that to rip that easily. If taking it in and out are that difficult/traumatic, it is best to make a rational decision to wait until you graduate out of the sport. It bothers me to see girls at practice wearing them, it REALLY bothers me to see girls walking around at competitions with them in. Especially at CheerSport, 1000s of people running here and there, up and down crowded elevators, it just seems so easy to get snagged. ughhh. My cp isn't allowed to get one or she is out of the will. promise. I guess she can get one after I die :)

We've always been told that you can't have nail polish on for competitions. Do judges actually take off points if they see it? Or is this just a cheerleading urban legend?

We used to not be able to go on the floor before a competition worker checked for length of nails, nail polish, and jewelry. I think this has been put to sleep a bit, but it just looks tacky and un-uniform if people on a team have jewelry or nail polish on, not to mention the danger.

I've noticed in a lot of photos of well known gyms that the athletes are wearing rings, necklaces and belly rings before comps. Do they take these items off? I ask because in Australia all body jewelry must be taken off while cheering- even at practice.
it all really depends on the competition & the gym. Of course your coaches are probably going to make you take off jewelry for competitions, and some videos (2by2videos to be exact.) I do notice girls like Erica Englebert with belly rings in...I cheered at CEA for many years and never saw them actually compete with them in. Depending on your gym, practices are usually a little more easy on jewelry. && some comps require jewelry to be covered with a bandaid if it cannot be taken out. I.e. belly rings. so that's why some girls have bandaids on their belly buttons.

Back