All-Star Competing For Free

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't have issue with this, u have to look at it from several different angles. I have competed at competitions for free before, when an ep rents out a huge arena in a new city where they don't have a large following, they are sometimes forced with either inviting teams for free (so they can generate more revenue through admissions) or canceling all together. Also if u are a large gym in an area, why wouldn't I invite u to cheer for free, bring one or two teams, then u experience my comp and next yr hopefully put it on ur schedule and give me $50 times 800 kids. It makes complete sense, this is a for profit business, we can't knock ppl for good business practices. Now as for fairness to other programs, i would be bold to say most of u (meaning parents) esp from lg gyms don't know what types of deals are being made between ur gym owners and eps. I'm sure they don't come out and make announcements when they are given deals. just as u don't know, the children definitely dont know. Therefore I can't go along with the notion (if u don't pay u can't win jackets etc). That is truly unfair to the kids who won't understand why they r being punished for decisions made by adults. Keep in mind judges are full time employees they r coaches and gym owners like u and I. We show up judge and go home. We truly don't have any idea about the registration process, though I'm not saying it can't happen, I think the chances of the two being connected is pretty slim. Now for bid awarding comps, I would think diff bcuz there is a lot more at stake. But as far as invitationals its their money and their comp they should b able to make their own decisions.

Back