All-Star Competition Hair

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

My biggest problem is getting the ends of the hair curled without burning my fingers. I've resorted to wearing a glove, but how do other people do it?

My biggest problem is getting the ends of the hair curled without burning my fingers. I've resorted to wearing a glove, but how do other people do it?

I rarely use my glove, I think it's awkward and I can't even tell when I've reached the ends of my hair with it on! My ConAir has a tip with no heat for you to put your fingers on and that's what I do, just very carefully!

I just got the Remington curling wand and it actually comes with a glove for that reason. Haven't tried it out yet, but hoping it does the job...

Step 1 Use a curling Wand (some are a little expensive but if you invest in one you will not regret it!)
Step 2 Hairspray like there is no tommorow most of use (got 2 b glued) freezing hairspray
Step 3 TEASE TEASE TEASE!!!! For curls with lots of volume and if you do your hair half up half down then make sure you tease the upper part and bobby pin it up so you can see it over the bow!
Step 4 MORE hairspray and maybe some gel
Step 5 (optional but my personal ) Glitter hairspray adds he perfect touch to the curls
Hope that helped thats how we do it at twisters

how do all these teams get such perfect curls?! i know the obvious answer is a curling iron, but my hair has never gotten curls that look that nice from a curling iron!
Step 1: Invest in a curling Wand you wont regret it!
Step 2: Hairspray like theres NO tomorow!
Step 3: TEASE TEASE TEASE!!!!!!!!! This will give them volume instead of looking flat. Also if you are doing half up half down curls then you should tease the upper half and pin it up a little so you can see it over the bow
Step 4:MORE HAIRSPRAY! I use a whole big bottle for two day comps!
Step 5: (optional but my personal fav) Alot of us use Glitter spray for our hair it adds the perfect touch to the perfect curls!!!
Hope this helps thats how we do it at Md Twisters

Yeah I agree. Curling wand is the best way to go. My hair does NOT curly easy so I put mousse in it first, curl it, and while I let it stay in the wand (You know lol) I spray it with hair spray... ALOT. It stays in for about 4 hours though :D

Have you guys ever tried curling with a 1" straightener? I find that works just as well, maybe even better than a wand, but it takes some extra time, especially if your hair is thick and somewhat textured like mine. What I do is I start the straightener at the top of my hair, then twist it around as I go down my hair. After your entire head is done, spray it with hairspray, and you're good to go! After curling for half an hour (this is on about chest length thick wavy hair), you'll have perfect competition curls - Think of Maison Baker's hair, that's what they turn out like! :)

personally, i think straight hair with a bump looks incredibly awkward if it's not done properly. not sure why, i'm just not a huge fan of it.
i would have to agree, but I honestly like it better, just because it's simpler and IMO the "competition" look shouldn't be as big of a deal as it is..

Back