All-Star Competition Hair

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i would have to agree, but I honestly like it better, just because it's simpler and IMO the "competition" look shouldn't be as big of a deal as it is..
i agree, there is a huge embellishment that the team has to have that perfect competition look. and it honestly bothers me that judges think that they have a say in what a team does with their hair and makeup. if they like the way something looks, then so be it.

how do you tease curls, with making them look good? I've always wondered.. cheyanna

I would say the easiest way is to style your hair first, the curl it.
Do the bump, tease it, and then put your hair either half up or in a ponytail. Then you curl it as is. It would be easier and you wouldn't be pulling curls apart as much. Moving them around and playing with them will make them fall flat as well.

I would say the easiest way is to style your hair first, the curl it.
Do the bump, tease it, and then put your hair either half up or in a ponytail. Then you curl it as is. It would be easier and you wouldn't be pulling curls apart as much. Moving them around and playing with them will make them fall flat as well.
thank you! :)

i agree, there is a huge embellishment that the team has to have that perfect competition look. and it honestly bothers me that judges think that they have a say in what a team does with their hair and makeup. if they like the way something looks, then so be it.
That is true, but I feel that the makeup and hair take away from being athletic in our sport, which differs from other sports.. It's a nice look, I love it and it's a great way to show yourself, however just not athletic..

how do you tease curls, with making them look good? I've always wondered.. cheyanna
Well if your teasing all of your curls then i lightly spritz hairpray on my hair and comb around thee middle of the curl to give it a little more volume and if the curl still looks good then i hairspray it down but if you doing half up half down curls and you want to tease the top curls like your actually teasing you hair ( the curl iself dosent half to look as curly as the bottom) and pin it up as you can see the top half is teased and the bttom is not. Hope that helps!
tumblr_lr88njeBxT1r2lxfbo1_1280_thumb.jpg

Well if your teasing all of your curls then i lightly spritz hairpray on my hair and comb around thee middle of the curl to give it a little more volume and if the curl still looks good then i hairspray it down but if you doing half up half down curls and you want to tease the top curls like your actually teasing you hair ( the curl iself dosent half to look as curly as the bottom) and pin it up as you can see the top half is teased and the bttom is not. Hope that helps!
tumblr_lr88njeBxT1r2lxfbo1_1280_thumb.jpg
thank you!

how do all these teams get such perfect curls?! i know the obvious answer is a curling iron, but my hair has never gotten curls that look that nice from a curling iron!

Well, since my hair is curly, my mom wets my hai really good, then she twists my hair and then lets it go and everybody loves them, so that's if your hair is curly, but if your straight i suggest you use the In-Styler.:cheerathletics:

Latest posts

Back