High School Competition Hair

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What hairstyle does your team do for competitions?

• Total voters
May 30, 2012
My coach coached a really good varsity team in our region for eight years and they always curled their hair. Last year when she started coaching our team she made us curl our hair too. What are some ways to persuade her not to for this competition season? Does UCA like it or not like it?

HELP

Does she make you do tight baby curls or pretty curls like shooting stars? I'm personally prefer curls over a straight pony!

we switch between the style with a huge poof with a straight pony and a huge poof with a curled pony. I personally think the straight looks better as long as the hair has alot of volume

My girls this year are doing buns. We realized w/ all the different types of hair, this is the cutest and most simple and they love them! They feel like it doesn't take too much effort.

We've always done straight. I like the way it looks when the girls are standing still. However, I have some girls with some longgggg hair. It looks like a mess on the floor when they are competing. We are going to do tight curls this year to keep the hair more put together.

I do have a small problem though. I have 3 girls (all my top girls) with bob haircuts. I'm a little worried that it won't look uniform. They are just so darn cute though!

I want to see the bun look for competition!
I've only seen John's Creek two top buns... and I'm just not a fan. (they seriously remind me of teddy bears.)

My girls this year are doing buns. We realized w/ all the different types of hair, this is the cutest and most simple and they love them! They feel like it doesn't take too much effort.
We did buns one season. My cp has fine blond hair and it looked like she had a nub on her head. :confused:

Curling helps hair stay closer to head, shortens really long hair that otherwise would be whipping around and in your face. Ultimately the important this is it's up and away from your face and off of shoulders as not to interfere with stunting. BTW Dunbar does high tight curls. It's the skill that matters. you only notice hair when you have torn apart everything else and you just want to pick on one more thing or it's so distracting you can't help it.

Ultimately it's the coaches decision and it sounds like she has plenty of experience and knows what she is doing. I would suggest focusing on skills and performance and do what she is asking.

a team i competed against in high school did buns once and it looked really cute! they were very voluminous buns that almost looked like slinkys when you put each end flat on a surface. it looked really cute actually with the bows and no one had their hair whipping around into their face.
on the topic of curls though, at a competition a few years ago my team curled their hair and a judge actually wrote on our score sheet "what's up with the curls? way too 2005." needless to say we didn't curl our hair again after that...

Back