Competition Makeup

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 16, 2011
What do you think about competition makeup? I've seen some squads go way over board with red lipstick and blue eye shadow. It's not the 80's ladies.

I love when teams go shimmery for eyeshadow and use lots of blush! The blush looks the best on stage under the lights. My least fave makeup is definetly the glitter eyeshadow! Crazy teams even put it in their lips!!!! Too me thats distracting and not pretty. Teams should do a more simple makeup thats not so distracting. I actually love seeing more natural looks, like your going on a date or interview! Look clean and pretty not crazy:)

What do you think about competition makeup? I've seen some squads go way over board with red lipstick and blue eye shadow. It's not the 80's ladies.

i think that cheerleading is fun, and your makeup should be the same way! im not saying to make yourself look like a clown, but its definetley exciting and fun to spice up your look every once in a while with bold colors!

im definitely not a fan of the lip stick at all because some shades just don't work for some people like one time i saw a whole all star program wearing bright orange lip stick and it just didn't work for them i am a fan of over the top eye make up like for my team we have these sparkly and rhinestone stick on eye shadows that we wear with a black grease eye shadow which i love i think with a lot of lip stick and blush especially for the little girls it distracts from their actual cheering and its just too much but i love makeup and eyeshadow in general as a person for everyday use.

That's my squads makeup! I dont like it so its ok:)

I dont think you need excessive makeup to compete
You Dont see gymnasts or track runners looking drag
Why do we need it? It doesnt help your stunts hit ladies!

I love when teams go shimmery for eyeshadow and use lots of blush! The blush looks the best on stage under the lights. My least fave makeup is definetly the glitter eyeshadow! Crazy teams even put it in their lips!!!! Too me thats distracting and not pretty. Teams should do a more simple makeup thats not so distracting. I actually love seeing more natural looks, like your going on a date or interview! Look clean and pretty not crazy:)

Some glitter isn't that bad. Yes, I've seen some terrible glitter, my gym does glitter lips but the just look red on stage/in pictures so we don't look crazy.

I saw a team that had really awsome eyeshawdow and it was peel and stick. Then they had rhinestones as eyeline. It was so pretty.

My make up is crazy....but I love it :D Our main color is a shimmery/glittery Teal the outer corner of our eye is a shimmery black and the upper half of my eye is a shiny silver! Bold, but beautiful onstage!

hahahah. my team did that last year. and i hated it. like eye glue, and columbia blue for our eyes,
and bright red lips. but it gets worse... pink lip glitter over top of the red as well. i looked like a clown.

To get the sparkle without the glue, I suggest getting Fancy Face Cosmetics. They match your eye shadow to the color on your uniforms and their make-up is sweat resistant (we all know we get that nervous sweat before we hit the competition floor).

Back