Competition Makeup

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

What do you think about competition makeup? I've seen some squads go way over board with red lipstick and blue eye shadow. It's not the 80's ladies.
I think a little less eye makeup on the minis and youth would be nice.... but I like the cheer makeup for the most part. Some teams look a little extreme sometimes though.;)

I love when teams go shimmery for eyeshadow and use lots of blush! The blush looks the best on stage under the lights. My least fave makeup is definetly the glitter eyeshadow! Crazy teams even put it in their lips!!!! Too me thats distracting and not pretty. Teams should do a more simple makeup thats not so distracting. I actually love seeing more natural looks, like your going on a date or interview! Look clean and pretty not crazy:)
we use whats called 'shimmer diamonds' from Yofi. it goes on with the cream just like glitter,

my team is hot pink and black glitter, it depends how you put it on yourself. as long as you dont put it up to your eyebrow it looks super cute. but this one team has gold glitter on their lips and if you see them after they get off the mat some girls have like half of it on.. not very cute.

my gym does a black eyeshaddow with silver eyeshaddow blended around the top f the black for a super smokey look. right before we compete my coach dabs a little glitter over that for a little shimmer. we wear a dark purple/wine color lipstick that I'm not a fan of and red blush

how do you even choose makeup? idk i feel bad as a coach sometimes i just make my girls come 'natural' cause i dont know what make up to choose or how to put it on their faces -_______- #MaleCheerCoachProbz

how do you even choose makeup? idk i feel bad as a coach sometimes i just make my girls come 'natural' cause i dont know what make up to choose or how to put it on their faces -_______- #MaleCheerCoachProbz

We're young youth aged, the coach does complementing team colors in glitter, one on the eye lid, the other from the lid to the brow. The glitter brand we use was chosen becuase they vend at most of our comps - it's easy to tell the new mom "go over there buy glue, this color and that color". Most of the girls love it. The competitions we go to with theatrical lighting get red lipstick so the girls don't get washed out with the stage lights. Red is normally chosen because more natural colors was out just like natural lips, and it's easier to just say red than to figure out another bold shade that works with everyone. Personally I would choose to do blush too on those comps, but that's from my own background on stage because under the lights faces get really washed out and blush really helps too. Comps where it is in a stadium or gym we just do eyes. The older kids do smokey eyes, you normally get at least a few that have that as their "look" anyway and can probably do everyone else's makeup. The younger kids do glitter or nothing depending on the team/day.

Don't feel bad at all. Our gym is natural or low key. A red lip, a bit of blush, and mascara. Totally optional for mini and tiny, recommended for youth and mandatory for Jr and Sr. Glitter is NOT allowed!

all teams at my gym use the same make up... blue glitter shadow, a lot of blush, and red lipstick. It doesn't look too '80's' and it looks good on stage.

Back