Competition Makeup

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

AshleeMarie said:
To get the sparkle without the glue, I suggest getting Fancy Face Cosmetics. They match your eye shadow to the color on your uniforms and their make-up is sweat resistant (we all know we get that nervous sweat before we hit the competition floor).

Fancy Face has some strict policies though, if it doesn't match you're stuck. We learned this the hard way last year ($1,200 down the drain). They were supposed to sponsor us this year but the owner is too busy now to reply to my emails.

Fancy Face has some strict policies though, if it doesn't match you're stuck. We learned this the hard way last year ($1,200 down the drain). They were supposed to sponsor us this year but the owner is too busy now to reply to my emails.
I'm sorry you feel this way and wanted to let you know that we have changed some of our policies this year. Last year was our first season, where we had two owners. Ever since Nikki has taken over as sole owner, we have implemented new policies and procedures, that better suit our industry. One of them being our Sample program. Fancy Face provides every team with a sample kit, previous to their order, to insure that you are satisfied with the products before you purchase. Sample Kits can be requested through [email protected] or through your Varsity Sales Rep. We now accept returns on any un-opened/un-used products. We also assist you in designing a makeup look for your team. Once you have chosen a "look" and placed your order, we film a custom How-to video so everyone in your program can achieve the same look. Customer service is our first priority, and to help us with this we now have nearly 350 employees nationwide to assist you with your every need. (Last year we had only 4) We offer a complete line of cosmetics including Shadow, Shimmer, Glitter, Foundation, Blush, Mascara, Eyeliner, Lipstick, Lipgloss, Blush, Primer, Glitter Glue, and Secret Agent. You can view our collections at www.fancyfacecosmetics.com. Please email us at [email protected] or call us at 847-249-3094 for more info.
Thank You,
Team Fancy

Fancy Face Cosmetics said:
I'm sorry you feel this way and wanted to let you know that we have changed some of our policies this year. Last year was our first season, where we had two owners. Ever since Nikki has taken over as sole owner, we have implemented new policies and procedures, that better suit our industry. One of them being our Sample program. Fancy Face provides every team with a sample kit, previous to their order, to insure that you are satisfied with the products before you purchase. Sample Kits can be requested through [email protected] or through your Varsity Sales Rep. We now accept returns on any un-opened/un-used products. We also assist you in designing a makeup look for your team. Once you have chosen a "look" and placed your order, we film a custom How-to video so everyone in your program can achieve the same look. Customer service is our first priority, and to help us with this we now have nearly 350 employees nationwide to assist you with your every need. (Last year we had only 4) We offer a complete line of cosmetics including Shadow, Shimmer, Glitter, Foundation, Blush, Mascara, Eyeliner, Lipstick, Lipgloss, Blush, Primer, Glitter Glue, and Secret Agent. You can view our collections at www.fancyfacecosmetics.com. Please email us at [email protected] or call us at 847-249-3094 for more info.
Thank You,
Team Fancy

We have already purchased our make up for this year. Glad to hear about all those changes to your business model! I especially like the video tutorial idea.

I'm not big on too much makeup. A really good glitter company on the market you should check out is Elektra Cosmetics (http://www.elektracosmetics.com). I really like how you can decide whether to wear their glitter more or less intense depending on how much of their liquid base you use. Basically you mix their glitter with their liquid called The Transformer. The Transformer makes their glitters stay on for like 10 hours. It is so sweet and not stick. yIf you want a more intense look, use more glitter. Want more subtle which I like use less glitter. Pretty simple.

If you don't have a dark lipstick like red, or hot pink, when you get on the mat it looks like you have no lips.

my coach does not allow glitter because they don't want it to get into someones eyes and things like that so what i do is very dark eyes with some gold in it to make them pop red blush and bright red lips.

Pictures of makeup any one?:)
My freshman year for a couple comps our coaches made us wear bright red lip stick... I hated it. It did not look good on half of us.

Pictures of makeup any one?:)
My freshman year for a couple comps our coaches made us wear bright red lip stick... I hated it. It did not look good on half of us.

bright red rarely looks good on people, but it makes a HUGE difference on stage. there's always a few girls who refuse to wear the bright red lipstick and they look like they have no lips on stage!

bright red rarely looks good on people, but it makes a HUGE difference on stage. there's always a few girls who refuse to wear the bright red lipstick and they look like they have no lips on stage!
I agree, it does make a differance on stage! Same with blush.

Haha, my team did that a few years ago. It was Florida Top Dog. They did the intense blue glittery eyeshadow and red glittery lipstick. I HATED IT! Brandon and Rock Solid's makeup I personally like more.

I love makeup.... glittery or natural depending upon the venue and the look you are trying to achieve. Pretty Girl Cosmetics offers color matching to your team uniforms and will help choose custom colors that are age appropriate.

You can follow our blog at www.cheermakeupblog.com for lots of makeup ideas and check out the article on Age Appropriate Makeup. Visit our website at www.prettygirlcosmetics.com or contact us at [email protected].

We love makeup!​

PrettyGirlCosmeticsWelcomePage617x480.png

Glitter is fun for younger girls but for older I like a smokey eye with a maybe a line of glitter for eye liner on the top rim for a little fun. It's just enough make up to look good on stage without going overboard. But a smokey eye, in my opinion, doesn't seem age appropriate for a youth or a mini team. They're still young and glitter is fun for them. But big red glittery lips....hahaha not a fan on anyone haha! :)

I agree krystynakrez! My squad competed for the first time this year. At our first competition, we wore very little to NO makeup. On video and in pictures, they looked tired and washed out. At our next competition, we chose blue eyeshadow, blush, and lipstick. WOW! What a difference. I'm not a fan of makeup....but it looked great during their performance!

my team used to have bright green eye glitter, and it was reaaaallllyyy pretty, but this year we went with a more modern black smokey eye with red lipstick and i LOVE it.
i've seen a team that has zebra eye shadow....nobody can see that from the mat. i don't get it

Back