All-Star Competition Season 14-15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't think it is so much a "secret" as much as we are not attending a certain EP's events this year and they have not told them yet so don't want it posted to hold off the issues that come with that.
That may be but I know of gyms that are never allowed to post their comp schedules, even after the season has started.

Why do gyms keep their comp schedule secret? I've never understood that.
I think in our case they are still deciding where they want to go. They have to work around the HS season and HS nationals. I know there are other gyms in our area who have their schedules set though, so it does get a little frustrating waiting for ours.

That may be but I know of gyms that are never allowed to post their comp schedules, even after the season has started.
That is definitely when they don't want anyone outside of the gym to see where they are going!

I wish I had a competition schedule to share. We usually don't get ours until end of August.

ETA: The competition schedule is never a complete surprise. We usually attend all the national competitions in New England every year. Usually the gym-wide travel comp is the one that we don't know until the schedule is released but we are told at tryouts that we will fly at least once (so new parents are not completely blind-sided). Our owners tell us the goal of our gym wide travel competition is to make sure that there will be competition for all of our teams.

Last edited:
That is definitely when they don't want anyone outside of the gym to see where they are going!
It's frustrating when you are looking for a gym and they won't share their comp schedule until you jump through hoops A-F. I know that's been a deal killer with a couple of people. The thought is, if you won't be upfront about this what else are you hiding?

We have a lot of "maybe" competitions and a handful of finalized ones. Everything should be final September 1st, so I'll share around then. Not sure which ones I will actually be attending yet, depends on how much time I would need to take from work.

It's frustrating when you are looking for a gym and they won't share their comp schedule until you jump through hoops A-F. I know that's been a deal killer with a couple of people. The thought is, if you won't be upfront about this what else are you hiding?
Gyms should be upfront with potential clients about their schedules. If they are not willing to be, that would be a deal breaker if I was looking at a new gym for cp. Because as you said, what else are they possibly hiding?

We are doing:

Spirit of Hope, Charlotte, NC
Cheersport, Atlanta, Ga
All Star Challenge: Clash of the Titans, Raleigh, NC
NCA Nationals, Dallas, Tx
Encore, Seveirville, Tn
Cheer Ltd. Nationals, Myrtle Beach, SC
One Up Nationals, Nashville, TN
And are aiming for The Summit

Really? That's crazy! If you are not going there is obviously a reason for it.. Date, cost, location, maybe unhappy as event never runs on time or you don't see the competition you need.

These are all fine reason to not return to an event. If they see your schedule and get upset and ask it is your right to tell them why if you would like. Heck they will find out eventually. I'm not saying for you or your gym but personally I think that's a poor excuse as to not share a schedule.

If you don't want other gyms to see your schedule because you don't want them to decide to go to comps to beat you that's fine keep it hidden but don't lie to others and pass it off as something like that.

Again this ain't directed at you, sorry if it feels that way

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's because the gym owner knows the EP & has been going to their comps for 10 years. Unfortunately the ep's competitions have had results that aren't exactly... Correct. There are many gyms not attending their comps this year. Especially after the big blowout last year at a certain comp with wrong scores

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

We are doing:

Spirit of Hope, Charlotte, NC
Cheersport, Atlanta, Ga
All Star Challenge: Clash of the Titans, Raleigh, NC
NCA Nationals, Dallas, Tx
Encore, Seveirville, Tn
Cheer Ltd. Nationals, Myrtle Beach, SC
One Up Nationals, Nashville, TN
And are aiming for The Summit
We'll be seeing a lot of each other! I know for sure we will be at Spirit of Hope, Clash of the Titans and Encore. Cheersport, NCA and I believe One Up are maybes for us right now.

Still with the same gym as your avatar pic or another one in that area? My CP started with the CCF Upsate gym. We loved it! CP just outgrew it.

Again this ain't directed at you, sorry if it feels that way

No worries, i think it is silly too but as a parent you do what the gym asks. I agree it's going to come out eventually so why not just put it out there.

On a side note...i was in the parent room of a well known gym (think you tube show) where my daughter was taking a drop in tumbling class while we were on vacation, and all the parents (the parents of said kids on unnamed you tube show) were complaining about was the comp schedule and how they were "too good" to go to some of the comps they were being sent to and what waste of their money. It gave me a reality check that even the most well known gyms go to comps they don't want people to know about up front and it made me wonder why hide it.

We're going to:

Encore Toms River, NJ 12/7/2014
Beast of the East Atlantic City, NJ 1/17-1/18/2015
American Masters Upper Marlboro, MD 1/31-2/1/2015
Mardi Gras Bead Blitz Trenton, NJ 2/8/2015
Garden State Championship Toms River, NJ 3/7/2015
UCA 3/14-3/15/2015
King of the Jungle Baltimore, MD 4/11-4/12/2015
Encore Philadelphia 4/18/2015
ACP Battle of the States Hershey, PA 5/9/2015

We're going to:

Encore Toms River, NJ 12/7/2014
Beast of the East Atlantic City, NJ 1/17-1/18/2015
American Masters Upper Marlboro, MD 1/31-2/1/2015
Mardi Gras Bead Blitz Trenton, NJ 2/8/2015
Garden State Championship Toms River, NJ 3/7/2015
UCA 3/14-3/15/2015
King of the Jungle Baltimore, MD 4/11-4/12/2015
Encore Philadelphia 4/18/2015
ACP Battle of the States Hershey, PA 5/9/2015
Good schedule, we will be at Encore, Beast of the East and UCA... Maybe the girls can spend some time together in Florida...

Back