All-Star Competition Season 14-15

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

The only explanation I ever got about that was if you put your schedule out publicly other competing gyms might not attend to avoid going head to head with you and you'd have less competition.

I know gyms do this (withdraw from comps to avoid competing with certain programs) but it is still the dumbest thing ever.

My other favorite thing is choosing not to attend because there are TOO MANY TEAMS going.

Don't you WANT your kids to be in a division that is decently populated?

It reminds me of pageants when girls/parents withdraw because there are 10 kids in their daughter's division. I don't understand. Do you WANT your daughter to be the one to win a division or with ONE other kid in it? Or a Supreme title out of like, 3 people?

Same with cheer. Do you WANT your kids to get the national champ title as one of TWO teams? Or the ONLY team in the division?

Good schedule, we will be at Encore, Beast of the East and UCA... Maybe the girls can spend some time together in Florida...

We can definitely do that. We're flying down on Thursday evening so we have all of Friday to enjoy the parks.

It's because the gym owner knows the EP & has been going to their comps for 10 years. Unfortunately the ep's competitions have had results that aren't exactly... Correct. There are many gyms not attending their comps this year. Especially after the big blowout last year at a certain comp with wrong scores

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android
We have Finally decided not to go to a certain comp due to the fact of obvious unfair judging due to EP feelings towards us. 2 years ago our I5 teams start value went down 10 pts from Saturday to Sunday and we did not change one little thing. Every year we have gone there has been an issue! So happy not going this year!

We have Finally decided not to go to a certain comp due to the fact of obvious unfair judging due to EP feelings towards us. 2 years ago our I5 teams start value went down 10 pts from Saturday to Sunday and we did not change one little thing. Every year we have gone there has been an issue! So happy not going this year!

I feel like our "certain comp" is the same comp

I love sharing schedules! I think it's fun to know who will be at the same comp or in the same area at the same time and meet up! With boards like this, I feel like we're all friends online,so why not be friends in real life?

Gyms should be upfront with potential clients about their schedules. If they are not willing to be, that would be a deal breaker if I was looking at a new gym for cp. Because as you said, what else are they possibly hiding?
That's one of the reason,cp is sitting out of her final year of cheer. The local gym doesn't have competitive teams (@Kris10boo warned us about this!...but we must go where the army sends us...) and gyms farther away have too many secrets. I'm not expecting you to air your dirty laundry,the second we walk in,but I do expect straight answers to my questions.

was this comp in Rhode Island or Connecticut?

We have our entire comp. schedule done by tryouts. We give a handout with every single bit of info the parents need - including all our camps and choreography dates.
So does our gym. The only time it changes is if the EP makes the change.

Back