All-Star Competition Woes.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I tell them to move.....nicely......and if that doesnt work I go talk to an employee....if that doesnt work the next time I ask its not so nice.....I really appreciate the EP's that keep control of the situation.

I tell them to move.....nicely......and if that doesnt work I go talk to an employee....if that doesnt work the next time I ask its not so nice.....I really appreciate the EP's that keep control of the situation.
If it were only that easy! Check out the Heat video just posted in the videos thread and you'll see what we were dealing with. There were two employees at most which just wasn't enough given the layout. People would just pop up as the team was taking the floor, too late to do anything about it. And the asking not so nicely is how the fistfights got started! It was such a mess all around.

I do agree with the appreciation of EP's who are more diligent, and even more so after yesterday!

This drives my crazy! If i have a friend on a team i might go up to watch them in V.I.P. But i ALWAYS let parents in front of me. My mom has actually had to stop coming up front to watch me because kids from our own or other gyms get in front of her.:(

While I have definitely been to a few comps where the VIP area was poorly managed and we had people from other gyms just wanting to get good seats before their team came up, it hasn't happened often. But I have learned to not be too hasty in jumping to conclusions about whether or not people "should" be there. In Chattanooga two weeks ago I was trying to figure out why there was a group of Stingrays in with us, looked a little closer and saw they were girls who used to be at our gym. They were there to cheer on their old teammates :).

See this is why I love Canadian comps. They're almost always held in a hockey arena so the seating is fantastic, you can see from basically anywhere!

Back