OT Computers/laptops/notebooks

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
I normally never would recommend an iPad as a primary device, but it seems like it would work for you since you already have a laptop if you need to use it. You'll obviously have to put your itunes library on the laptop, but you could keep it in an external harddrive.

And I'm eh about Kingston's apple TV comment. Cordless is a nice feature, but most of the apps on the apple tv you can watch on your ipad anyway.

If she has iTunes Match she won't need to put her library on the hard drive. It's really nice. My new laptop has a smaller SSD and instead of trying to keep my library on it I just stream through iTunes and they manage it for me. As well match lets me add cheer music and the synced to all my devices. Sooo handy.

A for the Apple TV there are apps that individually only stream to the iPad. As you can't do apps yet on it, if you wanna watch a full episode of ABC shows streaming you can beam it right to your computer. For the Olympics I did Apple TV mirroring of all the gymnastics. It even did the sound as well with full HD. You couldn't tell it wasn't on cable. If they figure out how to do college and pro football in an app well I'm canceling cable.

Definitely would consider the iPad. If you want the keyboard, there are bluetooth keyboards you can get to go with the iPad. I recommend an iPad case with a buil in bluetooth keyboard :) If you just want a laptop I'd look into Acer's or Toshiba's :)

If she has iTunes Match she won't need to put her library on the hard drive. It's really nice. My new laptop has a smaller SSD and instead of trying to keep my library on it I just stream through iTunes and they manage it for me. As well match lets me add cheer music and the synced to all my devices. Sooo handy.

A for the Apple TV there are apps that individually only stream to the iPad. As you can't do apps yet on it, if you wanna watch a full episode of ABC shows streaming you can beam it right to your computer. For the Olympics I did Apple TV mirroring of all the gymnastics. It even did the sound as well with full HD. You couldn't tell it wasn't on cable. If they figure out how to do college and pro football in an app well I'm canceling cable.

The mirroring is nice, but you have to decide if it's worth $100 to be cordless, when you can get an adaptor and hdmi cable for cheap (Apple sells it for $39, but you could find a knockoff for cheaper). Just depends on how you want to use it.

True. I also lose cables. Easily. It's a talent.

kingston - Question about iTunes Match. I really want to have my entire music collection accessable from my iPhone prefferably from my own computer through iTunes (not a Mac computer). It's only a 16gb phone, and I def don't have enough room on my phone to fit all the music I want on it. (I'm a hardcore music junkie.) I'm looking into it and it says it goes through iCloud, correct? But I've heard iCloud only stores about 5gb of data, which is not nearly enough space... Will iTunes Match be helpful for this?

kingston - Question about iTunes Match. I really want to have my entire music collection accessable from my iPhone prefferably from my own computer through iTunes (not a Mac computer). It's only a 16gb phone, and I def don't have enough room on my phone to fit all the music I want on it. (I'm a hardcore music junkie.) I'm looking into it and it says it goes through iCloud, correct? But I've heard iCloud only stores about 5gb of data, which is not nearly enough space... Will iTunes Match be helpful for this?

iTunes match doesnt use any of your iCloud data. I think the limit is 25,000 songs.

If anyone gets a net-book i wouldn't recommend the Acer Aspire-One. My grandparents are really awesome and got them for me, my 2 brothers, and my 3 cousins for christmas about 2 years ago. Mine only opens up google chrome and has for about 6 months after i got it and i hadn't downloaded anything (besides google chrome and itunes.) I had the warranty on it but they couldn't seem to figure out what was wrong (no viruses) so there i was, only being able to open google chrome. 2 of my cousin's laptops have done the exact same thing. When my brother recieved his in the mail from acer the screen had a large black line across it which was discovered as a crack under the screen. they said it was fine when they shipped it- not covered under the warranty. So we all are pretty much stuck with laptops that do not work.
ETA: also, the battery life is awful. you only get about an hour on a fully charged battery with all of the power save settings on.

Back