All-Star Confessions Of A Cheerleader

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If there's a party the night before a comp, I'm sorry coaches, but I'll be drinking (I'm 25).

On the other hand I judge teammates if they were at the party as well and can't keep up the next day. Harden up and keep track of what you're drinking.

I may or may not have attended competitions dressed in my old team's gear to get in for free to support them. I also just might have failed to stop staff at the event from assuming I was a coach for the team.

I might also have snuck loose or spare competitor bands to friends wearing team shirts to get them in for free too.

Two day competitions in a city where you have to stay in a hotel with a bunch of your friends who are over 21? You better believe we're finding a bar. I'll be good to go by 8PM on Sunday which is usually when level 6 competes. Not. Even. Apologizing. That being said, I'm an old lady, so it's like two drinks and back to the hotel for bed for me.

Another confession:
I think I'm the only allstar cheeleader who has never got a spray tan or been to a tanning bed :eek:

I was going to say that I haven't been spray tanned, but I have been tanning. I went for like 2 months before worlds - you could barely tell. But I could tell.

Another confession:
I think I'm the only allstar cheeleader who has never got a spray tan or been to a tanning bed :eek:

You're not the only one. I'm not allowed to lay in the tanning bed because of how pale I am, and spray tans just look awkward on me. Laying outside and trying to tan doesn't even work for me. I just burn and become pale again. Ah... the problems of being as white as a ghost. :(

Two day competitions in a city where you have to stay in a hotel with a bunch of your friends who are over 21? You better believe we're finding a bar. I'll be good to go by 8PM on Sunday which is usually when level 6 competes. Not. Even. Apologizing. That being said, I'm an old lady, so it's like two drinks and back to the hotel for bed for me.
Oh, I'll probably be up early the next day helping get the first team of the day ready.

Overnights are the best. Enforce lights out for the teens, then head out to drink...

As much as I hate going full out like 20 million times at practice, I'd much rather do that than work on each section individually over and over.

It bothers me so much when the same people miss practice and put very little effort in.

I really want to super senior at another gym based off of where I go to college, but the problem is I don't tumble.

I've tried to tumble for sooo many years but have had so many inconsistent coaches, until I finally found one, and then went out of town for two weeks and I came back and found out she had quit and moved away with no notice to myself or anyone else. Said tumbling coach also told me that if I ever needed anything cheer wise or not I could always go talk to her, yeah so much for that...so it really hurt me when she left.

Oh lord I have a lot.

- I definitely partake in the pre-competition stalking of the opponents and I get mad if they don't have any videos on YouTube or the FB
- I play it cool in warm ups and try to calm everyone else down when in reality I'm probably freaking out more inside
- I HATE HATE HATE when you know you did bad and when you get off the floor people are saying good job and what not, like I know your supposed to be positive but when we just went out there and bombed I really don't want you to sit there and lie to me
- Thinking about this being my last year of cheering scares me to death, I mean how do you do something for 13 years and then just quit? I can't come to terms with this.
- I always watch our competitors also, and in my head I'm analyzing every thing they do like "oh look that wasn't very good she had bent legs" or trying to point out flaws in my head to make myself feel better n
- I despise anything in the morning, but waking up for competitions or early practices never bothered me.
- Every time we start tumbling at practice or warm-ups I have to pee. It doesn't matter if I go before hand all the jumping and back handsprings makes me have to go
- I can't stand when people don't give it their all...especially in the dance. Like I don't care if we just had the worst routine ever performed, you can still work the dance like you are about to win worlds
- Last year at worlds I cried as soon as I found out we didn't make it to finals, my teammates have never seen me so sad, and emotional.
- I know my mom cares about me and loves me more than anything but when she tries to cheer my up after a bad performance or (when we didn't make it to finals) I felt like punching myself in the face.
- I think cheerleading is a lot about money and politics but I try to tell myself it isn't.
- Thinking about all the money my mom has paid for me to continue in this sport makes me feel a little guilty but I love it so much and I know she knows that it makes me so happy.
- I would rather spend my night having a productive practice, then going out with my friends.
- I hate more than almost ANYTHING in the world when people talk bad about our sport, I know in the end it doesn't matter what others think but I am so so so passionate about cheerleading and it hurts my heart to think people think its a joke. Cheerleading has made me who I am and I cannot begin to imagine my life without it. I only wish that non-cheerleaders will have something in their life that makes them genuinely happy, and teaches them all the amazing things I've learned throughout the years.

Throwing in a little coaches confession because of all the "cheating conditioning" confessions:
I always see whether kids are cheating on conditioning or not. But I've got my own little system to determine if they have to go again or not: Even number of team t-shirts worn that day: I see every single cheater, call them out and make the whole team go again; odd number of team t-shirts worn that day: maybe I'll call out one or two, but won't make them go again :p.
And the kids I coached never figured it out. By the way: it's also great for LOTS of other things.

I may or may not have bought the Worlds live feed and then sat and watched it in an editing suite at college when I was supposed to be working on my honors film... No regrets - I was practically jumping up and down on my chair during large senior. Good job no one else was there!! Worlds was far more interesting than Final Cut Pro.
I quite often walk around work when I'm supposed to be waitressing, singing my cheer music and marking through the stunts.
I have practiced full ups on a spinny computer chair...

Back