All-Star Confessions Of A Cheermom

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Confession: I will approach your kid (whether I know her or not) and fix her janky helicopter propeller bow.

You're welcome.
OMG, this is sooooo me! and I am ususally in my team coach's shirt whom they may or may not like, but that's just me....everybody's mom. I even make them zip up and pull up when I see it.

My dad was reading over my shoulder when I was reading this thread and he said for me to post some of his:rolleyes:
-he can't stand seeing mini aged girls in crop tops and short shorts
-he doesnt like the way spray tans look (too bad I love them...)
-he owned more gym shirts than most of the moms when I competed and he's upset that I don't anymore because he doesn't have anywhere to wear them
-he wants me to get back into competitive for my senior year because he misses it.
-he wants me to cheer in college so he can brag about it to his friends and point me out on tv :rolleyes:

I really do have the most supportive cheer dad ever.

Ok here it goes...
Confessions of a cheer Dad....
1)My CP started at her cheer gym at 3 because I heard a very random radio ad about an open house.Been there for 3+ years. but this is our first year of real cheerleading.
2) My wife initially objected to me taking her to the gym but I insisted. I won!! :)
3) I love it when my 6 year old CP out tumbles the high school kids.
4) I wonder if I would be so involved with cheer if my CP wasn't an only child and had a brother.
5) I internet stalked every team she competed against in her first comp this year. ( I was almost dead on.)
6) I was honestly shocked when my CP's team won their first comp. I thought second at best and I cussed out loud and have video to prove it.
7) I am getting a former UGA cheerleader to work with my 6 year old CP in the next couple of weeks on her flying. She is the niece of a coworker so I called in a favor.
8) I wish my CP would do gymnastics instead.
9) I was given a hoodie with our gym name on it from one of the coaches and I realize how big of a minority I really am every time I wear it.
11) I joined Fierceboard because I got pissed off at my gym owner when she told me I didn't understand how cheer worked when I dressed her down about dropping my CP's team down to level 1.
12) I hate the fact that she was right about dropping them down.
this is awesome......i am with you on #8

My dad was reading over my shoulder when I was reading this thread and he said for me to post some of his:rolleyes:
-he can't stand seeing mini aged girls in crop tops and short shorts
-he doesnt like the way spray tans look (too bad I love them...)
-he owned more gym shirts than most of the moms when I competed and he's upset that I don't anymore because he doesn't have anywhere to wear them
-he wants me to get back into competitive for my senior year because he misses it.
-he wants me to cheer in college so he can brag about it to his friends and point me out on tv :rolleyes:

I really do have the most supportive cheer dad ever.

That is adorable. (and I am so glad you recognize what a supportive dad you have)

this is awesome......i am with you on #8
I love the aspects of cheer being a true team sport but I sometimes think having a six year old who can do a RO double BHS tuck series might be better suited for gymnastics than cheer.
BUT my CP loves cheer and gets treated like gold at our gym so who am I to complain.

I love the aspects of cheer being a true team sport but I sometimes think having a six year old who can do a RO double BHS tuck series might be better suited for gymnastics than cheer.
BUT my CP loves cheer and gets treated like gold at our gym so who am I to complain.
My CP did gymnastics first than she did REC cheer along with gymnastics and then allstars and gymnastics. Her cheer coach made her pick and she choose cheer. Most of the time I wish she had stuck with gymnastics. I felt the parents were a lot less drama but I kept in touch with some people and there was drama as they went up levels and a few switched gyms and it sounded just like cheer. My daughter liked cheer better because it was a group and she wasn't competing against her friends. It turned out that a lot of her teammates also did individuals. So there were 5 girls approximately within her team competing against one another so that caused a little bit of drama. I don't really get the whole cheer individuals thing. It seems it has died down with the economy due to the costs.

Gift wrap. Most appropriate for your Christmas themed competitions, but can be modified for pretend birthdays or big sister/brother, little sister/brother gifts. Once in your seat, unwrap and enjoy!

Maybe I'll look into conducting a voodoo seminar at NCA or Cheersport this year...
This is such an amazing idea. I am laughing so hard cus I thought I was devious until I started reading this thread. cheer moms unite!!!:D

I have to confess, I actually miss the days of having to do my daughters hair. We mastered it so it was more of a bonding time for us. I also have to admit, it looks much better now that she is doing it herself. LOL

Back