All-Star Costs Question

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Registration that's paid to the gym? Our registration fee is around $40 paid in September.

We don't have a registration cost at our gym. Everyone has to pay the USASF registration fee of course, but nothing on top of that.

Since you included "etc" I'm guessing that you mean everything else. I know that lots of parents on here joke (I hope they are joking) about not adding up all the costs. But in order to compare the cost of each program, and budget appropriately you must add it all up. Try-out, registration, tuition, uniform, practice wear, competition costs, parent board/fundraising requirements, private lessons.

IMO the cost that really separates programs is the travel involved. When figuring travel, include gas/airfare, parking at the airport, hotels, meals, souvenirs, ubers/cabs from the airport to your destination hotel.

Beware of the gym that makes you sign a contract before giving a cost breakdown for the year in writing. Of course, your individual preferences may increase your cost (fly when you could have driven, eat at a sit down restaurant instead of pizza in the room) . But IMO the others should be known factors before signing a contract. This past year my gym required expensive practice wear. This was not disclosed to me before signing my contract. The cost of competitions also literally doubled from what they told me before signing a contract, to what I eventually owed.

Highest we've paid was $60 per year and that included USASF and the gyms insurance, lowest was $30.

It covers nothing. We still pay a separate fee for uniforms, practice wear, etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Good gravy, and they call it a registration fee? When asked what it's used for what do they say? Are you in an area with a higher then normal cost of living?

Back