All-Star Counting Through Pyramid Sections

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

May 11, 2010
This might be a stupid question but I've only recently noticed that this year the crowd seems to always count "1,3,5,7" throughout the pyramid section of the performing team. Am I just slow and has this been going on longer oder is it new? Just curious. ;)

For me, it seems new and for me - I cant stand it ! If you need people to count for you maybe in the beginning of the season sure. I saw some teams had people counting for them at worlds. Sorry but if you are counting out a routine for someone at worlds why are you at worlds ?

Well a lot of teams make drastic changes between they get their bid in say, February, and Worlds in April. I think it would be too easy to mess up counts though if you have your whole gym counting it.

I just feel it's becoming a thing like shouting "hit, hit, hit, pull"... that would be kind of weird. I'd much rather listen to the music than hear the counts. ^^

I hope it doesn't become a thing. How does the audience know if my pyramid starts on 1 0r 5. People can't even clap right during the dance, they're going to mess up counting in the pyramid and mess me up.

Personally, I hate when teams count out the pyramid. All the Ohio teams did it at Americheer and its sooooo annoying. I could see a youth or even a junior team getting the music counted for them,but a senior team that is in a worlds division.... like really now, you should now how to count music without a problem.

It's is nothing new for me. I feel like at every comp in Texas when there is a big named team the whole crowd counts (even if its not there team) and says "hit hit hit pull" . It's really annoying but when everyone is doing it I guess me and my whole team join in lol. I just wish they could count like that for us sometimes for the girls on our team that don't know how to!

I heard this also at our last competition with a team. What the heck? I understand counting at practice during parts of the routine, but that is what music is for while in competition. I hope its not a trend and how did it make it to California so fast???

I am with no counting here, in our routine this year our girls don't always start on 1. We have them starting on 7-8 in one spot, then we have them starting on 5 somewhere else. So if you haven't counted from the beginning and just start counting the whole routine could get messed up.

I feel like some people in this thread are talking about the crowd counting (original intention) and some are talking about the actual athletes. For the crowd to count is a bit unnecessary, unless its evident that the team is having a hard time or things are off time, then they're just trying to help/encourage them. For the athletes, I encourage this! When your out on the floor you should be counting through the pyramid as it is one of the few times the entire team works cohesively together and if one person is off...well we know what happens.

Back