All-Star Cover Up Rule.

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

To be 100% honest (no beating around the bush), when I was doing all-star cheer (and had a nice body), I loved the crop top. To me, it separated us from the non-competitive cheerleaders, which is why I personally loved it......NOT THAT THERE IS ANYTHING WRONG WITH NON-COMPETITIVE CHEERLEADERS. I never competed in a full top, so I can't say if it would have been better or worse as far as the heat goes. However, I do know that in practice if a flyer wore a full top, it made it a bit harder to catch a flyer if they were falling in an unusual way. I'm sure back spots would have more input on this. I can see both sides though, we are trying to make competitive cheerleading a sport and of course wearing a full top would help in that endevour......even though there are other sports that show way more skin (beach ball anyone?). When I was younger though, having a crop top was a privilege and made me feel more confident as I felt that I was part of an "elite team." These days, I could care less what I wear. That was how I felt as a teenager though, and to be quite honest, I think it's a shame that showing a girl's belly is considered "scandalous," that being said, I also understand if a girl isn't comfortable in her own skin......and to me, that is a societal problem that needs fixing. Just my two cents, feel free to disagree :shaka:

I look at our kids as athletes- and some of the toughest, strongest and most athletic in the world. Trying to get people on the "outside" to view our sport that way can be difficult. I personally love the fact our gym requires (and has) for the girls to be covered at all times unless in warm ups or performing. (Walking to and from warm up room is fine too lol) we have comp shirts or most of the time the girls wear their zip up warm up jackets. (It's always freezing in those convention centers) we do have a team room at most comps and the girls are allowed to be in uniform then. I always thought it looked trashy just uggs and skirts [emoji57] but that's my personal opinion. And first impressions are everything. I see a team walking around in warm ups and all that jazz- I'm already thinking about how good they probably are. They are disciplined and following rules-- can you imagine how clean they must be on the floor? [emoji23] that probably sounds stupid but hopefully someone is picking up what I'm putting down!

I look at our kids as athletes- and some of the toughest, strongest and most athletic in the world. Trying to get people on the "outside" to view our sport that way can be difficult. I personally love the fact our gym requires (and has) for the girls to be covered at all times unless in warm ups or performing. (Walking to and from warm up room is fine too lol) we have comp shirts or most of the time the girls wear their zip up warm up jackets. (It's always freezing in those convention centers) we do have a team room at most comps and the girls are allowed to be in uniform then. I always thought it looked trashy just uggs and skirts [emoji57] but that's my personal opinion. And first impressions are everything. I see a team walking around in warm ups and all that jazz- I'm already thinking about how good they probably are. They are disciplined and following rules-- can you imagine how clean they must be on the floor? [emoji23] that probably sounds stupid but hopefully someone is picking up what I'm putting down!
AGREE 200%.

wait, people still do this trend... i thought or was hoping it died out in the early y2k

wait, people still do this trend... i thought or was hoping it died out in the early y2k

y2k - you mean year 2000?

Threads come back from the deepest and farthest of places sometimes. I'm confident this OP will come back calmer and more positive than ever!

I want to post this like 500 more times and I just might. WHAT YOU WEAR OR DONT WEAR DOESNT CAUSE RAPE OR CHILD MOLESTATION. RAPISTS AND CHILD MOLESTERS CAUSE RAPE AND MOLESTATION. If you want to keep kids safer, address rules and guidelines to keep those people away. Educate and supervise your children. Watch for suspicious behavior. Stop ever saying that people ASK to be victims. Unacceptable. /soapbox
I really appreciate this because I'm a HUGE advocate of this thinking. Nobody wants to be abused and "asking for it" is nonexistent

Back