Covid-19 / Varsity Response

Discussion in 'Allstar Cheerleading' started by Jenniferg482, Mar 11, 2020.

1. cheer36mom

cheer36mom I text ACEDAD all the time

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I hold out hope as well. I would love for everything to return to normal at some point. I live in the Northeast and all concerts and events have been cancelled until Summer/Fall of 2021, so this makes me nervous. It is probably way too early to really know what is going to happen with comps, but hopefully decisions aren't made super last minute after people put out money.

2. cheermomforever

cheermomforever Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    i dont see how "normal" comps can happen.........we at this time are a handful of states that are doing great with low positive co-vid cases. At one point we were one of the scariest early on!! Will the US as a whole ever be all good? I dont think so unless the vaccines is available. Everyone be safe and masked even if the numbers are low.

3. UCFKnights07

UCFKnights07 Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Retired From Cheer
    with how things are looking in florida i cant see worlds even happening next year. Especially with all the speculated rumors that flu and cold season could make the numbers worse. And florida's numbers are increasing not decreasing, which doesnt surprise me due to numerous factors, but..... time will tell

4. quietmom

quietmom Slow your roll, Sparkle.

Shimmys Received:
    Twitter:
    exhaustedmom79
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    The GWCC where cheersport happens was used as an overflow. If things get bad again in Atlanta and they reach hospital capacity, I can see that happening...........

5. Jenniferg482

Jenniferg482 They call me Susie

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Here our numbers are low- we were once #2. We have begun opening back up and fingers crossed we don’t see increases with less restrictions. I fell that we are moving too quick with reopening - but everyone can do what they feel comfortable with.

I am fine with cheer being a conditioning year but hope we know before we start purchasing stuff. Comp fees I know we will get returned. My daughter was asked to cross down this year so she needs a new uniform- and she will age our next year- So hoping we don’t waste $350.

6. 123jump4!

123jump4! I have my own cheer message board

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    CP took part in stunting with masks. She enjoyed it. I asked if anyone was complaining, she said a few people said the masks were a bit warm.

They did not have to wear them for tumbling etc as they are spaced out for that.

7. cac4life

cac4life Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Do you guys realize how unsafe stunting with a mask can be??? It can block off a part of your vision, make it very hard to breathe, and cause overheating. Especially in a gym like mine where we do not have any air conditioning. I can't breathe walking around in a mask and have passed out cause of it. Now they are asking me to fly on one team and base on another team in a mask...you have got to be kidding me. This is never going to work. It's especially sad and upsetting because this year my gyms teams are some of the strongest they have ever been, and I'm on 2 amazing teams that I might not get to do anything with :( :(

Also, I have been told soo many times by healthcare workers I have talked to about this is that this will never end, And corona will be a very real thing for many years, and a vaccine IS NOT A CURE!! You can't force people to take a vaccine. In fact, in a survey, it said less than 50% will even get the vaccine. I'm so over all of this. So. Over. It. Corona has ruined the world. And it's because of people ignorance, and refusing to educate themselves, and jumping to the extreme.

8. Atxmom

Atxmom I shimmy daily

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    What kind of mask did she use?

9. 123jump4!

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    I asked her what kind of masks people were wearing, she said it was a mix of cloth and disposable. She prefers disposable so that’s what she had.

10. Atxmom

Atxmom I shimmy daily

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Actually states do have the power to make a vaccine mandatory in an epidemic or threats to public health. The Supreme Court has already upheld it is not a violation of the 14th amendment.

11. 123jump4!

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    And even if no one is forced, that doesn’t mean it’s not a cure? There might be a cure, which some people will refuse. Well that’s what we call natural selection?

In the meantime I think masks are safer than no masks. Sorry you have such a hard time with them. Not you atxmom.

People have a hard time on ventilators too. Or living with lung damage.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2020
  12. luv2cheer92

luv2cheer92 Moderator Staff Member Bracket Winner Video Curator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    You can't cure a virus, they don't work like that. You can however treat the symptoms. Vaccines are preventative, so they wouldn't be used as treatment or a "cure" anyway.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

13. 123jump4!

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    Yes I know. I meant if an effective vaccine becomes available that is a cure in the way that those who get the vaccine won’t become sick. We have vaccines against other viruses. But if someone chooses not to take it, it doesn’t mean it’s not effective. That point kinda makes my head spin.

14. luv2cheer92

luv2cheer92 Moderator Staff Member Bracket Winner Video Curator

Shimmys Received:
    Web:
    I am a(n)...:
    Athlete
    Gotcha, yep I'm good with that. Just seen enough people that think the vaccine will literally be the cure and if you're sick just get it and you'll be fine. Doesn't quite work like that. Thanks for clarifying!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

15. WhatAmIDoingHere

WhatAmIDoingHere Cheer Stalker

Shimmys Received:
    I am a(n)...:
    Parent
    [​IMG]