Crossover Performance Times

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Apr 28, 2011
Has anyone dealt with not having enough time in between performances for crossovers? what do you think is enough time between the team actual performance times?

yes, i was on a jr.2 and a sr.3 coed. not bad usually an hour!
but my friend was on youth and junior she would have 15 minutes sometimes at cheersport i only got to warm up on 1 mat!

not me but one girl on 2 teams had to go strait from performing to my teams warm ups i felt bad for her

in florida for u.s. spirit nationals we had to take a bus to warmups & based on the schedule they had i wouldn't be able to warmup with senior 2 1 day & junior 3 the next. my coach talked to the staff & was able to warm up junior 3 & coed 3 together both days (which surprisingly we made work with the limited time) because they had the most crossover issues but as soon as i was done competing with 1 team on each day i had to run with the other crossovers & my coach to catch a bus & would JUST make the last mat. it was so tiring running everywhere but at least i was able to warmup with both teams both days!

for the other competitions sometimes i would have 5-15 minutes other times i would have an 1-6 hours it all depended but personally i liked having the hour it gave me plenty of time.

we alwayssss have problems with warmup times between our senior 5 and int 5...usually my team (int 5) is warming up when senior 5 is going on...which clearly doesn't work when you have crossovers lol...so if this happens we usually will just warmup together before senior 5 goes on that way the crossovers have some time to breathe in between performances as well!

in florida for u.s. spirit nationals we had to take a bus to warmups & based on the schedule they had i wouldn't be able to warmup with senior 2 1 day & junior 3 the next. my coach talked to the staff & was able to warm up junior 3 & coed 3 together both days (which surprisingly we made work with the limited time) because they had the most crossover issues but as soon as i was done competing with 1 team on each day i had to run with the other crossovers & my coach to catch a bus & would JUST make the last mat. it was so tiring running everywhere but at least i was able to warmup with both teams both days!

for the other competitions sometimes i would have 5-15 minutes other times i would have an 1-6 hours it all depended but personally i liked having the hour it gave me plenty of time.
same at local comps it was WAY closer

My daughter was on 3 teams and had almost no break at all at Cheer tech in Philly! They ran 2 floors and my poor baby would get done and the coaches would rush her to warmups. she did great!

Our IO team and our Senior 5 team had a bad conflict once this year with only one team inbetween them!! Lets just say their second team suffered becasue a lot of the athletes crossed over and didn't even have time to catch their breath

warm up times for cross overs are CRAZY bad, especially at smaller competitions.
if we have a crossover warming up with one team, we have their stunt group from their other team warm up with the team that is about to compete.
while this works for warmups, it is brutal coming off the stage and having half a second to get water and catch your breath before going on with your next team.

I'm in favor of limited restrictions on gyms having crossovers. And I'm also in favor of them getting no assistance from the event producers in warmup time issues.

Gym's choice.

I agree with @ACEDAD. There were so many girls on my L4 team last season that were also on the L3 team and I remember during one of the comps they went to awards and didn't get to warm up at the first 2 stations because of this. I think all star teams should few to 0 crossovers on a team due to conflict, plus it seems like more people would have the oppurtunity to be on a team if there weren't so many crossovers. Granted maybe there are kids from a higher level team that can do the lower level stunts but it just doens't seem fair.

and no I'm not saying anything bad about my all star gym I just wish for that one comp there weren't as many crossovers so that we could've had a full warm up.

at a few of my competitions as soon as i got off the mat for one team i had to RUN, change into my other uniform and my other team was already warming up:/ i was on a large senior team and a small senior team that was the same level and there was NO time to change

Try having TOO much time between. Youth team would compete at 9, and of course we had to be up at, like, 5 to get ready, and the Sr team she crossed over to wouldn't compete until mid- to late-afternoon. Long days. Tired cp. Tired mama. Not crossing over this year.

Back