All-Star Crossovers: Good, Or Bad?

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

It is very important and often discounted by SM in their quests to get Susie on a higher team.
Cp's gym will only let you do your age appropriate gym if you only want to do one team (and it is not a problem if that is what you want to do), regardless of the level of that team. I love that cp's junior team has about 8-9 girls cp's age; they will all age out together after this season.
A few years ago the gym made the mistake of allowing an SM to talk them into allowing Susie and her friend to be only on the senior team when they were still junior aged. They were new to the gym and as you might imagine this caused quite an uproar amongst the veteran parents at the gym. Fortunately the following year the owners got themselves back on track and held true to their original policy. Susie and her friend then left the gym. No great loss.

This year I may be double teaming doing all star and uni depending on timetable restrictions. I like the intensity and drive of all star and it being more social at uni. For me being an older cheerleader who started late it can be hard being in a senior team with people years younger but I have learnt to enjoy being with my team no matter of age and considering there is no upper age limit for seniors in the uk I still normally have a couple who are my age

This year I may be double teaming doing all star and uni depending on timetable restrictions. I like the intensity and drive of all star and it being more social at uni. For me being an older cheerleader who started late it can be hard being in a senior team with people years younger but I have learnt to enjoy being with my team no matter of age and considering there is no upper age limit for seniors in the uk I still normally have a couple who are my age

I second this. Because I started at 18 my cheer years were already restricted so feel I need to make the most of it!

I've just accepted to double team on one programme (l5 and l6) and continue with another programme at l6. I'm tripling.

I don't care if it kills me cos I love cheer so much and feel like time wise my opportunities are ticking away!

Congrats on any team placements Helen :)

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I second this. Because I started at 18 my cheer years were already restricted so feel I need to make the most of it!

I've just accepted to double team on one programme (l5 and l6) and continue with another programme at l6. I'm tripling.

I don't care if it kills me cos I love cheer so much and feel like time wise my opportunities are ticking away!

Congrats on any team placements Helen :)

No placements yet tryouts aren't till september for me but it is going to kill me as im going to have to travel 2hours 30 min each way to get to practice luckily for me the teams im looking all try at weekends

I currently am a crossover and do not like it what so ever. Especially since both teams I am on practice on different days. I find being a crossover can be quite stressful since most teams at a gym may have different uniforms, hair, makeup and bows. Getting changed after one performance can be very stressful since you almost have no time to do a good job on your hair and makeup. Remembering two whole different routines can sometimes be a little bit of a challenge.

Double teaming in this regard is very different than just crossing over. Comps are usually different for university and allstar and even if it is the same competition the divisions are usually set apart in time so it's not an issue that a crossover would have to get ready etc.

I've been a crossover before and it was stressful but I didn't have much of a choice in the matter. I do have an issue with crossovers when they clearly shouldn't be. At nationals I had people I knew (more than Half the team) were on the worlds team and on team canada and they competed on the open 4.2 team. Someone with a standing full should not be allowed to compete in the 4.2 division and should be ashamed to do it for an "easy win".

Double teaming in this regard is very different than just crossing over. Comps are usually different for university and allstar and even if it is the same competition the divisions are usually set apart in time so it's not an issue that a crossover would have to get ready etc.

I've been a crossover before and it was stressful but I didn't have much of a choice in the matter. I do have an issue with crossovers when they clearly shouldn't be. At nationals I had people I knew (more than Half the team) were on the worlds team and on team canada and they competed on the open 4.2 team. Someone with a standing full should not be allowed to compete in the 4.2 division and should be ashamed to do it for an "easy win".

In the uk it can be stressful doing double team as university compete at the same comps as allstar and if you are the same level you will have a quick turn around and if my both teams for me are going to the same comp I have to do completly different hairstyle (one straight and other curly) makeup and uniform and warm up

Back