All-Star Crossovers Just To Get Paid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is this really happening? I had no idea!!!
One extremely well known gym has done it for the last couple seasons. I'm not going to claim to know if the sole reason is to get a paid bid, but they put athletes from their more well known teams on the lesser known worlds teams and those teams happen to get paid bids. They then go to worlds and place much lower than they did throughout the season without those athletes that crossed over.

One extremely well known gym has done it for the last couple seasons. I'm not going to claim to know if the sole reason is to get a paid bid, but they put athletes from their more well known teams on the lesser known worlds teams and those teams happen to get paid bids. They then go to worlds and place much lower than they did throughout the season without those athletes that crossed over.
Which totally sucks for the team(s) that would have ended up with a paid. Also, not fair to the EP that thinks they are sending one team to worlds and get another.

Last edited:
Which totally sucks for the team(s) that would have ended up with a paid. Also, not fair to the EP that thinks they are sending one team to worlds and get another.

Only way to prevent it is say the bid is tied to the specific kids who earn it, and the only way you can sub is if there is an injury or a person quits. I'm really surprised there is not a rule like this already? What are the reasons why there is not?

They have that you need a release to switch gym's after 11/1 and still go to Worlds rule - so they think athletes hopping gyms is a bigger problem than gym's stacking teams to scam bid money away from other teams so their lesser skilled level 5 teams can get a free trip? Also, at the same time eliminating some better competition at worlds itself in case a team (the would have earned a paid had the stacked team not got it) chooses not to go cause their bid is at large.

This sounds very wrong - gosh, I don't even want to know what we'll known gym does this cause I will lose respect for them and I probably currently like them :(.

I also sure hope people don't do this for Summit.

This happened the year my CP switched to a big gyms satellite location. She wasn't on the worlds team but the owner had a few athletes from their world famous team compete on the lesser known satellite gyms team to help them get a bid. The worst part was the athletes at the satellite location didn't ask for this help and I can't imagine how it made them feel. They did get a bid but I don't remember if it was paid. They went to worlds with the original team members. It left a sour taste and I lost a little respect for the program after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any reason not to name the gyms since there are no rules against it?
Not sure who the original poster is referring to but the well known gym that's done it in recent years is CEA. Not sure why we dance around it as if it hasn't been discussed a billion times on the boards.
And there is a rule in place to prevent this, only 10 subs, 7 must be with your gym when you earn your bid and 3 can be from anywhere. It's just not a very strict rule ;)

Guess I've not been around long enough to know CEA does that. Thank you!

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain then, Dorothy. It happens.

@ijustpay, probably want to check the search bar for this topic. We've had lots of discussions about this and still haven't come to a decent conclusion.

Seriously. I mean, at Summit you can practically take a whole different team than the one that won the freakin bid!

Not sure who the original poster is referring to but the well known gym that's done it in recent years is CEA. Not sure why we dance around it as if it hasn't been discussed a billion times on the boards.
And there is a rule in place to prevent this, only 10 subs, 7 must be with your gym when you earn your bid and 3 can be from anywhere. It's just not a very strict rule ;)

NJSE did it the last few years also. I'm sure there are lots and lots and lots more, just not sure who.

Back