All-Star Crossovers Just To Get Paid

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

i like this in theory, but what about an athlete that was on a team all season (that has a bid), and say gets hurt (or a mental block) and is not able to compete at that level (at the coaches discretion), so the coach offers them a spot on a less-competitive worlds team that doesn't have a bid yet? i hope that example makes sense

They can compete with another team, but that team wouldn't be bid-eligible with that athlete on the floor. That athlete could even compete at Worlds with the new team, they just can't be used to earn a bid/upgrade.

Yeah, and? If you aren't good enough to make it out of prelims do you really deserve a full paid bid???

Really - plenty of teams with paids - well known, highly worshipped teams do not make it out of semis to finals. With that logic should they give the money back???? It is whatever game is being played on that day in many instances that can determine a team's fate at worlds.

The problem is, cheaters will circumvent all these high tech devices... Wearing a shoe tag will not work because young people can switch shoes... In a hospital setting a bracelet could work because these patients are in a confined setting the whole time...
Frankly, It will cost too much money to have every single level 5 athlete fingerprinted and optical scanned for identification, which is a viable option to get back stage, etc... If we want the price to watch our level 5 athletes rise to $75 a day or more, lets bring in the high tech certification system...But right now it is not a great idea and another option is only exclusively have this system for NCA. Worlds, Summit and Cheersport, and have HBO or SHO carry it Pay-to"View and we stay home, but in retrospect , this will only cheapen all the other great competitions and worse price this sport out of reach for the average earning families.

The problem is, cheaters will circumvent all these high tech devices... Wearing a shoe tag will not work because young people can switch shoes... In a hospital setting a bracelet could work because these patients are in a confined setting the whole time...
Frankly, It will cost too much money to have every single level 5 athlete fingerprinted and optical scanned for identification, which is a viable option to get back stage, etc... If we want the price to watch our level 5 athletes rise to $75 a day or more, lets bring in the high tech certification system...But right now it is not a great idea and another option is only exclusively have this system for NCA. Worlds, Summit and Cheersport, and have HBO or SHO carry it Pay-to"View and we stay home, but introspect, this will only cheapen all the other great competitions and worse price this sport out of reach for the average earning families.
I think what they've instituted for this year at worlds is a step in the right direction that such a system can work. I'm interested to see its results and will withhold summary pessimism until afterwards. I at least feel like its (if nothing else) an acknowledgment that something needs to be done. Even if these are just the first baby steps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know this thread is specifically about Worlds teams using Worlds crossovers to get more paid bids for the gym, but why is this okay at any level? Why is it okay for a Youth 2 team to use athletes that also compete on their R5 in order to get a win/jacket/banner? This has to be stopped at the bottom.

If we had a credentialing system that would be easy. I think you should only be allowed to cross one level in either direction. Honestly with the picture ID/roster check verification they're doing this year backstage at worlds that's the basis of getting that together. I'm hoping that is a test run to see if it's feasible to do across the board. And I'd also like to point out that was a fierceboard idea we discussed pretty throughly so I'm just giving the credit to us....(uhh, provided it works)

...on that note, It wouldn't take much else to have those ID cards color coded for level and have that process at every competition.

Whatever team is your primary team assignment, that's the level you're credentialed at for that season. So, if you really want to stack a level two with kids with level five skills....they're not going to get to compete those level five skills all year. And if they are assigned level five, four is as low as they can go.

It's not perfect, but it's eons better than the free for all we have right now.
I'm all for the 1 level in either direction idea.

Really - plenty of teams with paids - well known, highly worshipped teams do not make it out of semis to finals. With that logic should they give the money back???? It is whatever game is being played on that day in many instances that can determine a team's fate at worlds.
Making it from semis to finals is a different animal than prelims...come on.

Making it from semis to finals is a different animal than prelims...come on.
I am sure you did not mean this to sound as arrogant as it does to me - and my daughter has been on a team with full paid bids for the last 3 years out of her 5 attending worlds so I do not have an at large bid chip on my shoulder. If you are going to load a team up to secure a full paid bid with other more talented athletes and then bring another team to worlds on that bid than why should said team get all the advantages that goes along with a paid bid (sorry long sentence)? It is not the same team that the EP thought would represent them. Would the new team even make it out of prelims - no one would ever know because they got the advantage to skip that step. Other advantages include the performance order and as we all know with comparative scoring this can have a big impact on results.

Don't get me wrong I like the full paid bid but for someone that has to travel 3000 miles and stay for 5 days after a season of travel it is only a drop in a bucket - so the economic argument I feel a lessor reason than the advantage at worlds and the publicity a gym will garner with all teams on a paid bid.

Not all divisions have the prelims finals semis- did MAG/MedCo have it last year? I know Smalls and Internationals do (although Int'l is a whole other animal: considering it's still 3 per country).

Not all divisions have the prelims finals semis- did MAG/MedCo have it last year? I know Smalls and Internationals do (although Int'l is a whole other animal: considering it's still 3 per country).

That is true - but there is still an advantage to having a paid bid in divisions without prelims - just ask the team that went up first in such a division on an at large vs. the team that went up lets say 19th on a paid. That first team may have been exceptional but with comparative scoring unlikely they saw finals. Even when there are 10 or less in your division full paid as far as advantage is always higher than an at large. What I was stressing there are a lot of advantages both tangiable and non tangiable that go along with a paid bid - expectation is always higher as far as performance and scoring for a paid bid team and most time it is deserved but other times not so much (especially a team that won the paid but is now made up of different athletes). Like I said it just depends on the game being played that day that will determine a team's fate.

I am sure you did not mean this to sound as arrogant as it does to me - and my daughter has been on a team with full paid bids for the last 3 years out of her 5 attending worlds so I do not have an at large bid chip on my shoulder. If you are going to load a team up to secure a full paid bid with other more talented athletes and then bring another team to worlds on that bid than why should said team get all the advantages that goes along with a paid bid (sorry long sentence)? It is not the same team that the EP thought would represent them. Would the new team even make it out of prelims - no one would ever know because they got the advantage to skip that step. Other advantages include the performance order and as we all know with comparative scoring this can have a big impact on results.

Don't get me wrong I like the full paid bid but for someone that has to travel 3000 miles and stay for 5 days after a season of travel it is only a drop in a bucket - so the economic argument I feel a lessor reason than the advantage at worlds and the publicity a gym will garner with all teams on a paid bid.
I actually agree with you and my comment wasn't arrogant at all. I thought you were making the argument that it's ok to stack the team because teams with full paids don't have to go through prelims. Making it from semis to finals is much more difficult than making it through prelims is all I was saying. I misunderstood you I guess :)

Yes, MAG and MedCoed had prelims for AL bid winners last year. Cp14 competed in prelims and semis but just missed the cut for finals (12th).

Interestingly, the only teams in medium coed to make finals last year were those that were full paid. This year there are well more than ten full paid medium coed teams and it blows my mind multiple teams in that division (with paid bids) won't make the cut for finals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Med AG had prelims last year, not sure about coed.

Eta oops too slow.

Back