All-Star crossovers!!!

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Two or three gym wide to fill in for injuries, I can live with. But to have enough kids for 12 teams and going to some competitions with 20 or 21 teams. Yeah, not a fan of that.

I HATE SEEING LEVEL 5 Athletes on Senior 2 and 3 teams!!! thats my biggest pet peeve!

i know of a gym that between their three level 5 teams they have over 15 crossovers! some triple teamers!

F!ERCE said:
i don't care if there are crossovers just please please PLEASE put them in the correct uniform for the correct team.

n2ddow.jpg

and the girls were clearly not just "filling in" every comp. i have attended and that team has been there it has been like that

I agree with the consensus opinion, crossovers okay in small numbers for injuries and for small gyms to use a couple to fill out a team. Otherwise it is ridiculous for a gym to create the majority of a team using crossovers. A gym in my area uses this tactic.

I looked up this issue in the usasf rules and could find any reference, if someone knows of any reference in the usasf rules, please share.

Until it is specifically addressed by the USASF rules then this will continue to be an issue. If the USASF has not addressed it, then they must not see it as a rampant problem in the industry, or they feel competition companies do a good enough job addressing the issue without interference from the USASF.

However, I think it is important to have a rule to address the issue to help preserve the integrity of the sport, mainly to help prevent sandbagging.

I do hate when people "bash" kids for crossing over. If I were given the opportunity, I wouldn't hesitate. Like someone said, some kids just love to cheer and want to do it all day everyday, and I don't see he problem in that.

f16cc028 said:
I agree with the consensus opinion, crossovers okay in small numbers for injuries and for small gyms to use a couple to fill out a team. Otherwise it is ridiculous for a gym to create the majority of a team using crossovers. A gym in my area uses this tactic.

I looked up this issue in the usasf rules and could find any reference, if someone knows of any reference in the usasf rules, please share.

Until it is specifically addressed by the USASF rules then this will continue to be an issue. If the USASF has not addressed it, then they must not see it as a rampant problem in the industry, or they feel competition companies do a good enough job addressing the issue without interference from the USASF.

However, I think it is important to have a rule to address the issue to help preserve the integrity of the sport, mainly to help prevent sandbagging.

WHOA tiger said:
I do hate when people "bash" kids for crossing over. If I were given the opportunity, I wouldn't hesitate. Like someone said, some kids just love to cheer and want to do it all day everyday, and I don't see he problem in that.

:thumbs up: :hellokitty:

F!ERCE said:
i don't care if there are crossovers just please please PLEASE put them in the correct uniform for the correct team.

I'm with you! Crossovers don't bother me but different uniforms on the floor look awful.

ItsDarrell said:
I'm a crossover ! :)

:hug:

Step 1 allows crossovers. I think most kids just LOVE being in the gym any time they can be. Like Shawn (13, Semi Coed 5 & JC3) would probably like to be on every single team there, last year he knew even the dance teams' routines.

I like crossovers. It introduces you to more friends in the gym on different teams. As long as they treat each team they are on the same, I have no problem with it.

i used to be a crossover for injuries. and as for the uniforms, i cant stand it either but sometimes it cant be prevented.

we had a girl thats flight got cancelled on the way up to jamfest indy and she couldnt get there for day 1. i found out 11pm i needed to be ready to go and double team. needless to say no one could fed ex xpress me up a skirt and ima bigger girl so i cant easily borrow a skirt or top. i managed to squeeze into a top (so unfomfortable!!! :brain dead: ) but no skirt fit so had to wear my normal skirt.

crossovers for injuries is fine with me. but just because they can or to stack that team is a boo in my book.

WHOA tiger said:

It's not the kids that are being "bashed", but more or less the programs that excessively use crossovers that is being "bashed".

Most of the crossovers I know of are kids that do, for example, a level 5 senior team as well as a level 5 junior team. I think that is fine because it is not considered "stacking" a team that is a level 3 or 4 by using level 5 athletes to up their scores. I dont know how these kids find the energy to do two level 5 teams, but more power to 'em! I think its great because they are pushed a little to "rise to the occasion" on their senior team, and can still have fun hanging with kids closer to their own age on the junior team. In cases like this, I dont see any problem with it at all.

I don't think that it is unethical. I don't fault the kids for doing it if their coach lets them. It just (unfairly or not) makes me less impressed with a set of teams when I know that many of their athletes are "permanent" cross-competers.

Example A:
39 L5 athletes (3 boys, 36 females).
They are used to make:
Large Senior 5
Small Senior 5
Large Limited 5
Small Limited 5
Senior Open 5

Example B
148 L5 athletes (142 girls 6 boys) same teams but evenly spread out (no crossovers)

Assuming the sets of teams are roughly similar in ability,which is harder to do as a gym? Which takes more total talent to accomplish? Which are you more impressed with?

This an severe example, but used to illustrate a point.

i used to be on a team where all 30 of us double/triple/ or even quadruple teamed. it was ridiculous.

Back