All-Star Curious About Tryouts

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I saw I little video of stars vipers' tryout on Instagram. So many new athletes trying out for some of your teams. Quite impressive. And also saw 2 clips of your daughters team- stunts and pyramid. Wow so impressed :)

Yes, I worked tryouts so it is crazy seeing how many people have walked through those doors that are pumped and excited to be there!

And thanks for the compliment, I thought they were amazing! They did win NCA so it has been a wonderful year!!

CP's gym does 3 days of athlete evaluations - this includes returning athletes. The athletes are evaluated for their tumbling skills - athletes who want to fly have an additional tryout for flying skills. After the evals, the athletes are placed in level-appropriate groups, which is often further separated by age. Then, twice a week, for two weeks, they have level practices. The last level practice is on June 3rd, and team reveal is on June 4th. :)

As a side note - just because an athlete is placed in a certain level for practices after evals, that does NOT mean the athlete is going to be placed on that level team.

Our gym is probably considered small to medium size (I think we had about 400 athletes last year).
This year, everybody had to tryout (new and returning athletes). They had tryout clinics available for the 2 weeks prior to tryouts. And then one week of tryouts where athletes were expected to come twice in a week for 2 hours each time. I do not really know what happened at those tryouts as my daughter was not able to go due to a school obligation. So her tryouts were for only an hour on a Saturday and they were quite relaxed.
That same evening, emails were sent out for placement notification. Although placements are not set in stone, for the most part, this is probably what the teams will look like.

We had 1 day of tryouts which was really only for new kids to the gym. Our coaches already knew I think where they were going to place most kids.

Second year gym here...just wrapped up evaluations with about 50 kids. Evals were two days long over a Saturday and Sunday. Saturday level 1-2 came in for two hours, then 3-5 came in for two hours. You learned a dance, and we evaluated tumbling. Then on Sunday you came in with your level and got separated into groups of 3 and did the dance and showed up tumbling...a lot like a high school cheer tryout lol. But with so little kids it works best for us

I went to CA's Plano's this past week since one of my friends was trying out. It was so organized even though there were so many people there & a lot of new talented faces

Back