All-Star D2 Summit Questions

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Lots of people are flying into Orlando, but I'm not driving two hours after a ten hour flight.

My CP's team is in J3 small also.
They got the bid in December and we just booked our hotel 2 weeks ago.

Seattle to Tampa or Orlando isn't ten hours by air! There is a 3 hour time difference and the 3000 miles should be 5 1/2-6 hours max!

If she is flying direct. If it is going to take her 10 hours to get there, I suspect she has a lay over. But I wouldn't want to drive for two hours even if the flight is only 5 hours long. :D

If she is flying direct. If it is going to take her 10 hours to get there, I suspect she has a lay over. But I wouldn't want to drive for two hours even if the flight is only 5 hours long. :D

Yes! [emoji23] Also that was really just a random number. It's an all day or all night trip...and a lot more money without layovers. Ugh.

When I look at all the flights it's 7.5-11.5 hours travel time. Plus a 45 minute drive to the airport...arriving an hour or so early. That's a long day. I wouldn't want to make to one hour twenty-eight minute drive to Tampa. [emoji6]

Last edited:
I have no idea, but I'm curious about your hotel accommodations as our D2 team hasn't gotten a room block yet. Private message is fine if you're comfortable sharing. :)
My gym owner was talking about this. We just got our hotel situation figured out. They're apparently having issues with hotels, they tried to get us to stay 30 miles away with our 2 teams at 2 or 3 different hotels... yikes
I think we're now only 5 miles away at 2 different hotels.

My gym owner was talking about this. We just got our hotel situation figured out. They're apparently having issues with hotels, they tried to get us to stay 30 miles away with our 2 teams at 2 or 3 different hotels... yikes
I think we're now only 5 miles away at 2 different hotels.
Doesn't sound promising! They'll probably put us in Miami!

I have no idea, but I'm curious about your hotel accommodations as our D2 team hasn't gotten a room block yet. Private message is fine if you're comfortable sharing. :)
We got our rooms this morning and we are 20 miles from the venue and an estimated 60.00 taxi transfer from the airport. We are a small team with only 17 rooms to our block including coaches. I cannot imagine larger teams or gyms sending more than one team. Good luck y'all. At this point I feel lucky that we booked airfare with points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We got our rooms this morning and we are 20 miles from the venue and an estimated 60.00 taxi transfer from the airport. We are a small team with only 17 rooms to our block including coaches. I cannot imagine larger teams or gyms sending more than one team. Good luck y'all. At this point I feel lucky that we booked airfare with points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'd have better luck renting a car yourself for those rates.

It's stay-to-play...which is really sucking in this situation, I'm thinking. Our gym has had a bid for a couple of weeks, but hasn't been able to get a block. Also I priced cars and they're like $350 for a week out of Tampa. [emoji15] And that's through Costco!

Try Cheap Car Rentals, Best Prices Guaranteed! - Rentalcars.com I put in arriving April 28 and departing May 2 and there was a compact car that came up for $20 per day. FYI, in FL you have to provide a copy of your insurance when you arrive, otherwise, they force you to purchase their insurance and it cost us more than the car did per day.

Back