All-Star D2 Summit Rule Changes

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I like it, but think there should be a provision for gyms that share ownership but are still really small gyms. Something along the lines of either locations combined cannot go over a certain number or no one location can exceed the 125 allowed for small gyms. This is hurting owners of small gyms in rural areas who are willing to offer more than one physical location to cut commute times.
I'm 90% sure that this is how Stingrays, ECE, Rockstar, and all of the other "Small Gyms" got away with it, so I'm sorry, eliminating the loophole may hurt several gyms, but it helps way more.

I know of 2 in our area where the same owner has 2 locations, neither above 125 athletes.
If it is only a handful, perhaps they could apply for an exemption? The rules have to draw the line somewhere, I suppose, and I think that opening up the rules to include multiple locations might translate into loopholes that could be exploited. But I also see how these small gyms might be negatively affected... And just out of curiosity, how do these programs earn enough to pay two rents?

If it is only a handful, perhaps they could apply for an exemption? The rules have to draw the line somewhere, I suppose, and I think that opening up the rules to include multiple locations might translate into loopholes that could be exploited. But I also see how these small gyms might be negatively affected... And just out of curiosity, how do these programs earn enough to pay two rents?

There is a gym in my state that is opening a second location for the upcoming season. The locations are a couple of hours or so apart and the second location is starting in a space in a gymnastics gym. I'm guessing the first location wont't be "D2" size for the upcoming season, but surely the second location will. I also believe that they have completely different ownership.

There is a gym in my state that is opening a second location for the upcoming season. The locations are a couple of hours or so apart and the second location is starting in a space in a gymnastics gym. I'm guessing the first location wont't be "D2" size for the upcoming season, but surely the second location will. I also believe that they have completely different ownership.
Yes, I imagine this is true of several of the recently expanded gym locations. So now, gyms that will maintain separate ownership will have to evaluate if there is more of an advantage to taking on a larger programs name( and presumably resources) or staying independent. I actually think that part of it is a good thing. I guess that gyms could establish mentorship type relationships, where the larger program helps the smaller ones behind the scenes, and then combine when the gym reaches higher enrollments. But all in all, I think that the point of even having a D2 division is to distinguish between truly small gyms and those with more resources.

they are in extremely rural locations, rent is cheap when the building was sitting idle.

I'm 90% sure that this is how Stingrays, ECE, Rockstar, and all of the other "Small Gyms" got away with it, so I'm sorry, eliminating the loophole may hurt several gyms, but it helps way more.
How? they each have gyms that have more that 125 kids.

which ECE team was at D2 Summit?

How? they each have gyms that have more that 125 kids.
They each have a gym, or multiple, that have less than 125. The rule that eliminates this is new for next year. For this past season, the small locations were allowed to compete D2.

ETA: I don't think ECE was at D2.

They each have a gym, or multiple, that have less than 125. The rule that eliminates this is new for next year. For this past season, the small locations were allowed to compete D2.

ETA: I don't think ECE was at D2.
I think she's talking about gyms that have two locations that when combined have fewer than 125.

Back