All-Star Dance Moms? How About Cheer Moms....

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I stay for every Spirit team...
When I buy stuff I always look to see if it comes in purple...and not just any purple..it has to be Spirit purple....
I wear cheer shirts...of other gyms...when I'm not even at a comp...
I spent a good part of Sunday morning juggling a washcloth, a curling iron, and a can of hairspray so cp could have "Top Gun" curls...
I have friends that are cheer moms that live 100's of miles from me and I only see them once a year...
I spend way to much time on the USASF website and on Fierceboard...
Catch myself marking my cp's and other teams routines in the stands (just like that other video...lol)
Yeah I'm a crazy cheer mom...

A family friend was told her 4 year old should have started earlier when she tried to put him in hockey, and they literally cut him from the team. Yes, 4 years old.
Cheer parents are just like any other sport. The good ones will always be out shined by the crazies, but I think 95% of the time it's because they love their kids and want to support them. Often, they just don't know the line between support and full blown crazy.

Here, they are not even allowed onto the ice for any league until they are 5. Most people lie about their kids ages though so they start when they are 4 (like my borther in law!!)

I feel like it depends on what sport is most popular in your 'region.' Like I'm sure Canadians have crazy hockey parents, I'm sure the south has crazy football/cheer parents, in CT? Let me tell you a thing or two about BASKETBALL moms..and dads. Basketball is like second after church for some people, and would probably be first for those who aren't religious/aren't afraid of God smiting them with a thunderbolt (or is that Zeus?).

I don't wanna think about Irish rugby parents or for other countries where it's big- SOCCER parents?? Yeesh.

People really do that?!
heck yes they do lol i was at a competition in Ohio last year and parents from one of the teams booked a whole hallway just for the parents and were having a party parents were running from room to room and hitting on me and my teammates while we walked down the hallway in our uniforms, and then other parents from my old gym offered us booze 20 minutes before we competed, yeah was not impressed lol

fine with parents enjoying their vacation but when its for your childs function its not a good thing

People really do that?!

I personally have seen it at practices, team parties, and competitions. Most recently saw a mom with two packets of that Bacardi booze in a pouch at a comp (not our gym). So they don't even bother to find a bar, they just bring it in their purse now! lol

Thankful for my mom working so many hours so the only questions she ever asked me was "how much?", "where are you competiting this weekend?", and "how did you do?"

it went too far when you hear at a competition one mom saying to another mom on the same team, "YOUR daughter dropped MY daughter on her booty again!" happened last year. watched it go down while i was buying a lemonade.. #epic

you know it gets out of hand when your in the corner getting ready to throw your pass and you think, "do it for mom.. bc if you dont your gonna be in some SERIOUS trouble tonight."

I personally have seen it at practices, team parties, and competition;s. Most recently saw a mom with two packets of that Bacardi booze in a pouch at a comp (not our gym). So they don't even bother to find a bar, they just bring it in their purse now! lol

:(

yep, it is something that runs rampant in some programs, I find being drunk or drinking at all at your kids competitions very distasteful but some don't find and issue with it. One year we had a girl break her ankle in warm ups and I had to get someone to look in the bar for her mom cause she was not in the crowd, 30 minutes later she came running to her daughters side like Mom of the year, please.

Back