OT Dance Moms

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
in order to level the playing field I think the Stingrays, World Cup, Top Gun, Cheer Extreme, F5, Brandon, Cali, etc... i think you should pull your teams from Worlds.
That's different than them competing twice each to win

the sillyness of that whole thing....if my daughter takes extra lessons in a different dicipline...why should I pull her...the whole subject was redic...:) IMO
I just don't get why she had to do the "cry" performance as well. Do the tap that weekend...why the need to do both? JUst out of fairness to the other girls. It's like the thing with the pyramid, it seems like they're setting the girls up to hate eachother :/

I just don't get why she had to do the "cry" performance as well. Do the tap that weekend...why the need to do both? JUst out of fairness to the other girls. It's like the thing with the pyramid, it seems like they're setting the girls up to hate eachother :/
fairness....if you teach your kid life is always fair.....that is just not real....and if my kids spends more time and effort...NO WAY I pull her...IMO.....as for setting the kids up...it is a reality show and these moms are doing it on purpose and getting paid a lot for it....don't get to emotionally involved

fairness....if you teach your kid life is always fair.....that is just not real....and if my kids spends more time and effort...NO WAY I pull her...IMO.....as for setting the kids up...it is a reality show and these moms are doing it on purpose and getting paid a lot for it....don't get to emotionally involved
Haha I hear ya! I'm just glad my mom was never like that :cheering:

ok then would you mind only having your teams compete on day 1 of worlds then. lol.
Haha thats a little different though...imagine bombing in finals and then getting another chance to compete. Is that fair?

That's different than them competing twice each to win

it's like crossing over. If you're on Youth 3 and Junior 4 you'd compete twice, right? so if you have a lyrical (or contemporary or whatever her cry dance is) and a tap class/private, why wouldn't you compete both of those? She's not competing the same routine twice.

I can kinda feel for Brooke. I remember when I was around that age I felt that way about cheerleading and I actually quit. Not even a month after I didn't know what to do with myself, I missed practicing even though it was hard work and I really regretted it. The thing that sucks is that I lost alot and had to start over when I got back. I hope Brooke pushes through it and continues dancing because I think she's a wonderful dancer, I would hate to see her give it up and end up regretting it.

I also equate it to if your child did an individual comp in the morning and then competed with her team in the afternoon. She may walk away with two trophies...who cares?! What is sad is that more then likely none of those kids will go on to dance professionally...so all of the money...time...ect will be for nothing. The way to Broadway is not through all star dance, you have to be able to sing and act or you'll just be a back up dancer your whole career.
I would rather put my kid in a program that attended Pulse, Jump, and other intensives then every comp on the eastern seaboard.

I also equate it to if your child did an individual comp in the morning and then competed with her team in the afternoon. She may walk away with two trophies...who cares?! What is sad is that more then likely none of those kids will go on to dance professionally...so all of the money...time...ect will be for nothing. The way to Broadway is not through all star dance, you have to be able to sing and act or you'll just be a back up dancer your whole career.
I would rather put my kid in a program that attended Pulse, Jump, and other intensives then every comp on the eastern seaboard.

I thought that as well. Granted a good dance background is good to have for broadway, do these girls also take acting classes and voice lessons? I just feel like maybe this woman gets some of these little girl's hopes up for something and then they don't get there. It is a lot of pressure to put on a child.

Back