Daughter At Risk Of Being Kicked Off Team

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Being a cheerleader for 7 years know I would suggest talking to the coaches and letting her know that she must improve to stay on the team I know from experience I had to work my tail off to stay on the level 3 team I was put on 2 years back but it was worth it to me I couldn't imagine working so hard to get a summit bid then not get to go its every cheerleaders to go to summit/worlds I'm sure it would break her heart to have that taken away from her

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I apologize for not responding to the thread. CP finished the season on both teams. Both teams went to D2 Summit. In hindsight we should have let her be kicked off the team or chosen to step down. Two teams was just too much for her at this program. We left the gym to go to another one and now they're asking her to cross compete.

I apologize for not responding to the thread. CP finished the season on both teams. Both teams went to D2 Summit. In hindsight we should have let her be kicked off the team or chosen to step down. Two teams was just too much for her at this program. We left the gym to go to another one and now they're asking her to cross compete.

D2 was 3 weekends ago right? When did you leave the other gym and how did that go? When your cp tried out at another gym they immediately asked her to crossover?

D2 was 3 weekends ago right? When did you leave the other gym and how did that go? When your cp tried out at another gym they immediately asked her to crossover?

Yes D2 was 3 weekends ago. We weren't planning on leaving the other gym but CP decided after tryouts that it just wasn't for her anymore. So I emailed the owner and she called me to meet her for coffee to voice our concerns. It was a really great meeting.

The other gym asked her how she'd feel about cross competing. She was on the fence and then told them that if they needed her she would do it.

I love that CP's love of cheer didn't get broken in this process and we're so excited for our next venture with a new program.

So I emailed the owner and she called me to meet her for coffee to voice our concerns. It was a really great meeting.

This is great. I'm glad to hear that it was a positive experience. So often we hear of an uncomfortable exit from a a gym.

So my daughter crosses from one team to another. It has been a struggle all year but last month the team she crosses on got a Summit Bid. Well now the coaches are telling me she's not doing what she needs to do at practice and is at risk for being kicked off the team. What do I do here?? My heart is breaking for her especially after the joy of winning that bid.

I hope you were able to resolve this

Back