All-Star Decrease In Worlds Bids

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

could someone please clarify. I am looking a a schduled for a competition giving out world bids this weekend it appears that only 9 teams do not have bids and they are giving 9 at large bids. Does that mean that those 9 teams will be basically "handed" an at large bid regardless of their placing? If that is the case, then I hope the decrease in bids next year elminates thats. It does not seem right to just "hand" a team a bid.
Which competition is this? One Up?

could someone please clarify. I am looking a a schduled for a competition giving out world bids this weekend it appears that only 9 teams do not have bids and they are giving 9 at large bids. Does that mean that those 9 teams will be basically "handed" an at large bid regardless of their placing? If that is the case, then I hope the decrease in bids next year elminates thats. It does not seem right to just "hand" a team a bid.
not necessarily! if you go and just bomb theres nothing saying that they have to give out all 9 bids. EP's can pretty much do whatever they want with bids, and if they don't feel theres 9 deserving teams, theres nothing stopping them from holding back some!

not necessarily! if you go and just bomb theres nothing saying that they have to give out all 9 bids. EP's can pretty much do whatever they want with bids, and if they don't feel theres 9 deserving teams, theres nothing stopping them from holding back some!
I thought you didn't have to give out all the paid but you have to give out all 3 at larges for each paid unless you run out of teams obviously. Maybe I'm making that up...

The Fierce Board App! || iPhone || Android

I thought you didn't have to give out all the paid but you have to give out all 3 at larges for each paid unless you run out of teams obviously. Maybe I'm making that up...

ouu i had no idea! i thought EP's could decide (which i think they should be able to, they're the ones sending the teams). so technically they could give out 2 paids and then based on that they can only give 6 AL?

ouu i had no idea! i thought EP's could decide (which i think they should be able to, they're the ones sending the teams). so technically they could give out 2 paids and then based on that they can only give 6 AL?
I think that's the rule. I hope they don't decrease the paids because I know there are some teams that deserve paid but still haven't gotten one (WARRIORS!)

well everyone has to start somewhere!
Speaking of that, can someone please explain the different bids to me? So PAID is all expenses covered including entry fee & flights? PARTIAL PAID is just entry fees covered? What's AT LARGE? Nothing covered, you pay for everything? How much are entry fees?

Speaking of that, can someone please explain the different bids to me? So PAID is all expenses covered including entry fee & flights? PARTIAL PAID is just entry fees covered? What's AT LARGE? Nothing covered, you pay for everything? How much are entry fees?

Paid is only $650 per athlete, which covers pretty much entry fee and hotel, not flights usually. Partial paid is $325 per athlete and at-large is no money. I don't think there's an actual entry fee for teams for the competition itself, but they have to buy a package through USASF which includes the park hopper passes and may or may not include the hotel room. That can range from $300 if you aren't getting a hotel through USASF up to $700 depending on how many nights you're staying and what hotel you're staying at.

EPs are contractually obligated to award all the bids. It's part of their agreement with USASF. They can never award fewer bids. As we've seen, it is possible to award more if the current attendance is enough larger than prior years attendance.

The Fierce Board: If you're gonna be talked about, shouldn't you at least be here to defend yourself?

EPs are contractually obligated to award all the bids. It's part of their agreement with USASF. They can never award fewer bids. As we've seen, it is possible to award more if the current attendance is enough larger than prior years attendance.

The Fierce Board: If you're gonna be talked about, shouldn't you at least be here to defend yourself?
seriously? i have a friend that went for a bid and was nervous because they have a history of not awarding all of them.. but that was international so it could be different?

seriously? i have a friend that went for a bid and was nervous because they have a history of not awarding all of them.. but that was international so it could be different?

There have been issues over the years with EPs trying to not award all the bids but usually public pressure prevailed. It's not supposed to happen.

The Fierce Board: if a team cheers and isn't talked about, does it still get a medal?

So if EP's have to award all the bids what happens to bids in sections where there is more bids then teams? I know over here in Australia there's only 1 maybe 2 EP's that offer Worlds bids so we don't have that problem but I'd be interested to know from a USA point of view.

So if EP's have to award all the bids what happens to bids in sections where there is more bids then teams? I know over here in Australia there's only 1 maybe 2 EP's that offer Worlds bids so we don't have that problem but I'd be interested to know from a USA point of view.

Not sure I've seen it happen but that might be a different situation.

The Fierce Board: if a team cheers and isn't talked about, does it still get a medal?

I don't mean to offend anyone but I'm sorry I'm just have a problem with a last place team walking away with a bid to world's. I'm mean there are already issues with teams getting rooms this year because they are booked and yet they still are just giving out bids. Those teams are not earning/winning those bids and it takes away from the teams that truly earned/won theirs. It doesn t make since to me. I think along with the decrease in numbers there needs to be a score or placing guideline as well or maybe bids shouldn't be passed down if the highest placing teams already have them. Just my opinion.

I don't mean to offend anyone but I'm sorry I'm just have a problem with a last place team walking away with a bid to world's. I'm mean there are already issues with teams getting rooms this year because they are booked and yet they still are just giving out bids. Those teams are not earning/winning those bids and it takes away from the teams that truly earned/won theirs. It doesn t make since to me. I think along with the decrease in numbers there needs to be a score or placing guideline as well or maybe bids shouldn't be passed down if the highest placing teams already have them. Just my opinion.

More teams= more money... unfortunately that seems to be the answer to everything

There are some comps up here in Canada that don't always award all of their bids. They have teams wanting bid, but they're not handed out cos the teams don't perform to the EP's standards/ideals of what a World's team should be. Sometimes I've agreed with the decision, others, not at all. It rarely happens though.

Latest posts

Back