All-Star Deduction Scoring

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aug 12, 2010
How many point is each type of deduction worth? By type of deduction i mean like falls, tumbling steps, bobbles, touchdowns, and such. I was just wondering because I don't know where to look to find that. I bet there's already a thread on this but i can't find it. Thanks in advance! :)

How many point is each type of deduction worth? By type of deduction i mean like falls, tumbling steps, bobbles, touchdowns, and such. I was just wondering because I don't know where to look to find that. I bet there's already a thread on this but i can't find it. Thanks in advance! :)

It depends on the event producer and the scoresheet.

Cheersport
  • Stunt Deductions
    • 2 Points – Balance Checks, Omitted Body Positions, Walking
    • 5 Points – A Caught or Controlled Fall, 1 Base Touching the Ground
    • 6 Points – Top Person Hitting the Ground, Multiple Bases Hitting the Ground
  • Tumbling Deductions
    • 1 Point – Step, Omission
    • 3 Points – Landing on Hands, Knees, or Seat
    • 4 Points – Crashing & Burning
Varsity
  • Stunt Deductions
    • 0.5 – Stunts and Pyramids that almost drop/fall, but are saved, Incomplete twisting cradles, Memory mistakes involving obvious execution of incorrect moves, Knee or hand touching ground during cradle or dismount, Severe balance checks, Severe timing issues
    • 1.0 – Drops from individual stunt to a cradle, Drops from individual stunt to a pop down dismount
    • 1.5 – Fall from individual stunt to the ground (Top person lands on ground or multiple bases land on ground)
    • 2.0 – Pyramid Collapses, Dropping a Stunt Multiple Times in the Same Sequence
  • Tumbling Deductions
    • 0.5 – Hands Down on Tumbling, Knees touch ground in back handspring
    • 1.0 – Drops to the floor during tumbling

Cheersport
  • Stunt Deductions
    • 2 Points – Balance Checks, Omitted Body Positions, Walking
    • 5 Points – A Caught or Controlled Fall, 1 Base Touching the Ground
    • 6 Points – Top Person Hitting the Ground, Multiple Bases Hitting the Ground
  • Tumbling Deductions
    • 1 Point – Step, Omission
    • 3 Points – Landing on Hands, Knees, or Seat
    • 4 Points – Crashing & Burning
Varsity

• Stunt Deductions
    • 0.5 – Stunts and Pyramids that almost drop/fall, but are saved, Incomplete twisting cradles, Memory mistakes involving obvious execution of incorrect moves, Knee or hand touching ground during cradle or dismount, Severe balance checks, Severe timing issues
    • 1.0 – Drops from individual stunt to a cradle, Drops from individual stunt to a pop down dismount
    • 1.5 – Fall from individual stunt to the ground (Top person lands on ground or multiple bases land on ground)
    • 2.0 – Pyramid Collapses, Dropping a Stunt Multiple Times in the Same Sequence
  • Tumbling Deductions
    • 0.5 – Hands Down on Tumbling, Knees touch ground in back handspring
    • 1.0 – Drops to the floor during tumbling

Thank you so much! :)

Back