Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

NJ Coach

10's Across the Board....literally.
Staff member
Cheer Parent
FBOD:LLFB
Mar 23, 2010
Lately, I've seen lots of posters saying that teams hit their routines, with the exception of some issues. Am I the only one who does not consider that a "hit" routine? If saying "Team X hit, except for..." then they didn't hit. Maybe they hit their stunts, but that tumbling collision, touchdown, mark, ect still counts. Same thing goes for stating a performance was flawless with a stunt bobble or fall. Where does that count as flawless? Are people getting so caught up in their own teams or their favorite teams, that the rose colored glasses are keeping them from seeing what's really happening on the floor?

We must have posted at the same time. I posted a comment on another thread.

Lately, I've seen lots of posters saying that teams hit their routines, with the exception of some issues. Am I the only one who does not consider that a "hit" routine? If saying "Team X hit, except for..." then they didn't hit. Maybe they hit their stunts, but that tumbling collision, touchdown, mark, ect still counts. Same thing goes for stating a performance was flawless with a stunt bobble or fall. Where does that count as flawless? Are people getting so caught up in their own teams or their favorite teams, that the rose colored glasses are keeping them from seeing what's really happening on the floor?

Well, they really mean the team 'would have' hit if they didn't bobble, touchdown or even collide etc.... Geesh, can't you see that?

Well, they really mean the team 'would have' hit if they didn't bobble, touchdown or even collide etc.... Geesh, can't you see that?

and I would've won the lottery if they called the correct numbers
biggrin.png

I couldn't have said it better myself. Drives me nuts when I hear "They nailed it, except for 1 small bobble and tumble bust" Um ok so they didn't nail it.

AMEN! I can stand when I see post/tweets that say "so-in-so allstars HIT"....
If the team did not have a perfect/near perfect performance.... thats not "Hitting".... thats just getting through the routine.

I say hitting the routine is going through it deduction free. Hitting clean on the other had is an entirely different situation.

Are people getting so caught up in their own teams or their favorite teams, that the rose colored glasses are keeping them from seeing what's really happening on the floor?

Yes. It's no different than thinking your football team would've won if they hadn't had that fumble or the refs hadn't made that holding call. And I'm as guilty of it as anyone. :)

Fandom colors everyone's perception, not just about how well their team did but about how their competitors did. I think that is where the majority of the complaints about so-called "unfair scoring" come from.

Yes. It's no different than thinking your football team would've won if they hadn't had that fumble or the refs hadn't made that holding call. And I'm as guilty of it as anyone. :)

Fandom colors everyone's perception, not just about how well their team did but about how their competitors did. I think that is where the majority of the complaints about so-called "unfair scoring" come from.

Being that I judge, I would say that my glasses are not colored, but made with high focused lenses. :)

our goal at our gym is to always try and be deduction free. If my girls can go on the floor and put a deduction free routine on the floor then i would consider it a hit.

or the ever so popular "THEY KILLED IT" but 3 tweets later they had "2sf". How does one "kill it" if they have 2 stunts hit the ground? Maybe my definition of "killing it" is different then other people but to "KILL IT" means they need to hit the routine and not have 2 stunts drop.

Back