High School Deleted

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

GoFundMe is supposed to be for bigger things, like paying for surgery or a funeral. You don't need to be cheering (although I'm sure you really want to). Try fundraising on your own like everyone else. You would be better off asking us for fundraising ideas. Don't expect people to just hand money to you.

ETA: I know what I typed sounds harsh, but I mean it as kindly as possible.

Last edited:
GoFundMe is supposed to be for bigger things, like paying for surgery or a funeral. You don't need to be cheering (although I'm sure you really want to). Try fundraising on your own like everyone else. You would be better off asking us for fundraising ideas. Don't expect people to just hand money to you.

GoFundMe can be used for a lot of different things, not just for medical expenses and funerals.

@Shay Marie - a word of advise, this board does not take to kindly to others asking for money to fund other people's cheer. Fortunately, the board can be a great resource for you in other ways - if you search, you will find many, many posts on how parents and kids who are in your situation have been able to afford it. Does your team do any sort of fundraisers to help offset the costs for it's members? I see your goal is $200, that seems like a feasible amount for a young person to raise themselves. Are there opportunities for you to earn some money within your community?

Why was the original gofundme from 8 months ago deleted and a new one dated today appeared with the same story?

**its just a just a jump to the left**
Because the original gofundme i created was for my family for a mission trip for my church but i recently changed the name and story because i didnt know how to create a new one. Then i figured out how to and changed it. But no ones going to believe me now just because of that so i might as well delete this post. Thanks everyone for being so nice to an actual cheerleader in need. Why would i have any reason to lie about something like this.

Because the original gofundme i created was for my family for a mission trip for my church but i recently changed the name and story because i didnt know how to create a new one. Then i figured out how to and changed it. But no ones going to believe me now just because of that so i might as well delete this post. Thanks everyone for being so nice to an actual cheerleader in need. Why would i have any reason to lie about something like this.
I don't think anyone accused you of lying but people do have their on cheer fees to pay so I don't think people in this boards are going to fork out money for you to do cheer. Maybe you will have better luck doing fundraisers or asking people for donations that you actually know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We never said you were lying but I got my own stuff to pay for. Why should I shell out money for a random person when that person could make money in other ways. Your response just proves my theory that you are entitled. It's all about you, you, you. You can't seem to think of others situation and why we would be weary to donate to a gofund me page for a random person. You take a victim stance when in reality people were trying to be nice and let you know this isn't viewed as acceptable on here.

Thank you for clarifying. A big discrepancy like that raises a lot of flags about legitimacy of a request for money.

Unfortunate for you we have seen people try passing themselves off as someone they are not in hopes of getting money and that does create issues for those who are being honest.

I wish you luck with earning the money you need for your cheer season.

**Her name was Lola, she was a show girl**

Unfortunately these things happen all the time. I recently had to quit cheer due to financial reasons. Did it suck? Yep it did and I hate the fact that because of a bad season last year I can't go back to the cheaper team. But I also dance so just had to deal with it. I try and work to fund my hobbies. From the age of 17 I have paid for my hobbies my self and instead of Christmas presents I normally get somthing I need for a hobby like cheer shoes or now dance shoes.

If you can work it does help or try and fundraise but everyone else has their own expenses

Back