Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Is my coach bullying me?

• Yes

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 17 89.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If that really was a Facebook post from a parent, wow - that person must be quite angry at the organization to post that (whether justified or not). Just sad to see, epsecially if her daughter is a senior.

I can see where an athlete liking a post like that would upset a coach, but I think it's a little childish for the coach to make a big deal about it too. She should have just got the post removed (and maybe turn on comment approval if she's gonna get that bent out of shape if people post things she doesn't like). I also agree she shouldn't be talking about the things she's going to do to the OP w/ the other athletes before it happens. It's okay to announce if someone's been reprimanded afterward, and how, but while you are still debating what to do or before doing it, to the other members on the team? - that just creates drama and gossip and is unprofessional for a person in authority to do. Imagine if bosses did that at work if they were thinking about writing someone up for something?

My take on this (from reading the posts quoted within the other posts ;)) is that the coach in question is either really young or has very little experience leading. The OP seems to be acting out of course (missing practices, liking negative posts, etc.), but this coach is not handeling the situation well either. Being that the OP is a teenager, and the coach is in a position of authority setting an example of leadership for a group of girls, I actually think the coach is more in the wrong.

To the OP, I recommend that you try and talk to the coach w/ the head coach, and possibly your parent, there. Take responsibility for the things you've done wrong and apologize, and agree to not do those types of things going forward (and don't). Hopefully the coach realizes that she was out of line to be saying that stuff about punishing you to your teammates, and for making such a big deal about a Facebook like ;/. If not, oh well, at least you got things out in the open and made an effort to correct things going forward. I hope you can get past this and have a good senior year. Good luck.

Thanks everyone ig ill post updates as time goes on, i realized i wasnt acting right as well. And i do care since ive tried out 3 times so i want to make my time worth it. No more being lazy, arguing with teammates or coaches. Time to be mature because in less than a year i will never ever cheer again. I dont want my season to be filled with drama. Again thanks guys :D

Back