OT Diet Diaries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
just curious, how do you make hummus? (don't really feel like looking it up haha) and i LOVE hummus, especially from trader joe's yummy!
It's basically:
can of garbanzo beans/chick peas (some say add a bit of the juice they're in, some say don't)
some garlic (start off with a clove or two and you can always add more)
lemon juice (use 1/3 of a lemon)
tahini paste (it's what makes it thick, it's essentially roasted, ground-up sesame seed paste)
olive oil

Put everything but the olive oil in a food processor and whiz. Slowly add olive oil to it until its the consistency you want. Taste it, and add ingredients as necessary. You can also throw in whatever else you want: roasted red peppers, some spices (chili powder, cumin). I haven't made it yet, but I did it with a friend. SO simple. If you don't have/can't find tahini paste, some people say use a smooth peanut butter..

i'm obsessed with protein smoothies right now. they are super filling and yummy!

1/2 EAS protein shake.
1/2 cup water
1 1/4 cup frozen berries

this is just how i've been making them, but the shakes come in different flavors(chocolate, vanilla and strawberry) so you can mix in different fruits to make make different flavors! oh, and this entire smoothie is only about 200 calories. :)

@soFIERCE08 , I LOVEEEE smoothies. My mom got a magic bullet last year and I have at least 3 or 4 a week. Sometimes even twice that. I use soy milk (vanilla, strawberry, or chocolate), ice, yogurt, and fresh fruit. I'll have to try the protein packets!

Since the beginning of February, I have lost 40 lbs. Because of my body type, I am on a low carb diet. (No bread, pasta, cake, cookies, etc) Most of my carb intake comes from fruit. I also run 2 miles minimum everyday for lacrosse. I keep track of my running with the Nike running ap. I usually do a bit on conditioning every night to maintain the muscle I currently have, but am starting to get back into weight training to build and tone muscle.

I hate looking in the mirror thinking OMG I look so skinny today! And then the next day I look like all I've ate is chocolate for a week! I totally don't understand my body sometimes; back to insanity I go!

Back