OT Diet Diaries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
What works for me most of the time is to keep myself busy and out of the house as much as possible. When I'm bored, I get hungry. When I'm occupied with doing something else, it means less time being thinking about food and less time inside the fridge. I eat 3 meals with an occasional small snack. Trust me it works!!!

yes! i have the same problem. i've realized that whenever i'm home alone i tend to eat. but if others are home or i'm out doing something than i rarely even get hungry, mostly just because i hate eating in front of people. so now, whenever i feel like eating i grab a jumprope and jump or go out for a run or call up my friends and make some plans!

anyways, i'm hoping to drop 20 more pounds by summer.

I'm starting a diet - planning to lose 50 pounds in a year (is that realistic?) and I wanted to know if this is a reasonable diet at least to start with:

yogurt with granola, unsweetened cereal, just white meat, salad and fat free dressings, and fruit and veggies.

I'm starting a diet - planning to lose 50 pounds in a year (is that realistic?) and I wanted to know if this is a reasonable diet at least to start with:

yogurt with granola, unsweetened cereal, just white meat, salad and fat free dressings, and fruit and veggies.

That's totally realistic! That's about a pound a week - which is a healthy rate to lose weight. And those are good foods! Just make sure you mix it up so you don't get bored - that always happens to me. :confused:

definitely realistic. you should check out finallygettingitright.tumblr.com. she's lost an amazing amount of weight, and she did it the healthy way. plus, she's super super nice!

however, i'd avoid granola and most cereals. they're basically pure carbs, which is a lot of calories. also, yogurt is great, as long as it is non fat. and, i'd stick to greek yogurt. my favorite is a brand called fage.

also, if you are really serious about this, the best thing to do is to get your family on board. then you can all check each other and stick to a meal plan. it will only make it more difficult if your family is chowing down on pizza and your stuck eating carrots.

best of luck! and definitely check out that blog!

So apparently I gained 5 pounds. I've been eating healthy for the last month and a half, and have been exercising more than ever! It's so annoying,I thought i was doing so well :(

It's that darn Panera food -____-
No kidding! A girl I work with ate the mac and cheese 2 times a day for 6 months straight (7 days a week) and now she can only eat whole wheat rice because her cholesterol is so high. Take that Panera

Officially down 15 pounds! Process was stymied by an entire month of cheating surrounding Spring Break, but I'll take it :) I graduate in three weeks and would LOVE to be down 5 more by then, but that's not really realistic...one can hope!

Ten more to go :)

Officially down 15 pounds! Process was stymied by an entire month of cheating surrounding Spring Break, but I'll take it :) I graduate in three weeks and would LOVE to be down 5 more by then, but that's not really realistic...one can hope!

Ten more to go :)

that's wonderful! and 5 pounds is totally realistic in three weeks. you can do it!

i ran my timed mile again today. it went up a little bit, but i'm still okay with it considering i ran on a full belly.

starting time- 7 min 51 sec
best time- 6 min 46 sec
todays time- 6 min 54 sec

What do you all do for motivation? I've done great so far but I'm having trouble keeping myself away from cake and sweets and stuff. And it doesn't help that most of my familys birthdays are this month so we have cake every weekend! Helpp

What do you all do for motivation? I've done great so far but I'm having trouble keeping myself away from cake and sweets and stuff. And it doesn't help that most of my familys birthdays are this month so we have cake every weekend! Helpp

it's okay to eat a bit of cake, just keep it to a small piece, and make it one from the middle, not the outside. the outside pieces have the most frosting. but, before you eat the piece, ask yourself, "what will this do to me? what is the nutritional value? will i get anything from this 5 minutes of cake?" it makes me really question the food i put in my body, and usually, i'll make the choice to put the right things in, not the wrong ones.

i like to think of food as fuel. you put good fuel in, you get a good outcome. you put in crappy, sugary sweets and junky foods, you get a junky outcome.

Back