OT Diet Diaries

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Off Topic
@FINE&FIERCE , since you're a fitness & nutrition minor, tell me...are you supposed to consider "net" calories, or just calories consumed? I've never seen counting net calories anywhere except My Fitness Pal lol.

For those who don't know, counting net calories means if you're aiming for 1200 calories a day, but burn off 500 working out, you should eat 1700. Calories consumed is (obviously) just your calorie count independent of exercise.

Basically, Ive been told this:

"Based on 1200 calories, If you burn 500 of those calories and are at a 700 deficit, your body will react pretty much the same way as it would if you only ate 700 calories with no exercise. You are not giving it enough energy to survive, so it will end up in starvation mode. "

Someone please tell me how bad bagels are for me. I need to stop eating them. If someone tells me they're bad, I'll stop.

Ps. I've gone from 135 to 129.5 :) YAY GO ME!

Except after the bagel I just ate, I probably gained that half pound back.. Wah.

Someone please tell me how bad bagels are for me. I need to stop eating them. If someone tells me they're bad, I'll stop.

Except after the bagel I just ate, I probably gained that half pound back.. Wah.
bagels aren't too bad... it's the bready inside that's the bad part and it depends what you put on them. it's all about moderation linds ;)

around 300 calories

i eat 1200 calories a day. for example, i did cycling today at the gym for 50 minutes..a very intense but fat burning workout. i burned between 500-600 calories, and i allow myself to eat those back. i don't eat them all back, because ending "under" is really great :)

make sure you eat BEFORE and AFTER a workout..super important. a banana is the best thing you can eat before a workout. low protein but high carbs, gives you a great boost. but protein is also great before and after. chocolate milk is great after doing a lot of hard muscle work, it will repair the muscles faster. by eat before and after i don't mean two full meals..small meals often are key for your whole day.

linds, bagels are not the best :( which sucks but it's true. try 100 calorie bagel thins..they sell them at grocery stores. i have one of those, a scrambled egg and a bowl of grapes for a good breakfast. most important part of breakfast is the protein aspect..make sure you are getting some. eggs, peanut butter, lean meat, etc. it will keep you full.

if you guys like "bars" the best ones around are CLIF and LUNA. both taste great and are filled with protein. special k also makes a good protein meal bar. try cutting it in half for before and after a workout. make sure you keep hydrated too..it is such an easy way to take off weight. cold water is better, you burn calories by drinking it! (your body has to make it warm for your body, which is your metabolism working faster)

eating cause your bored? chew gum and drink water. or if you don't know if you are really hungry do either of those. if your stomach is still grumbling then you know you're truly hungry :)

if you guys like "bars" the best ones around are CLIF and LUNA. both taste great and are filled with protein. special k also makes a good protein meal bar. try cutting it in half for before and after a workout. make sure you keep hydrated too..it is such an easy way to take off weight. cold water is better, you burn calories by drinking it! (your body has to make it warm for your body, which is your metabolism working faster)

have you tried LARA bars? i used to be a big fan of those. they are basically dried fruit and nuts. no chemicals, no salts or sugars, no oats. nada. just fruit and nuts. super yummy too!

Back