All-Star Discriminatory Law In Indiana

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Indiana has way bigger issues. Not sure why this law is even at the top of legislation, but whatever.

Fact is, Jamfest has a contract with the Indy Convention Center until 2020. Unless gyms boycott, Supernationals stays. Similar to STP, if WE (the cheer community) allow it, it's gonna keep right on happening.

Well, yes, and no. Many states will allow a murder charge for a fetus if someone else atracks the woman, even though the mother could abort the pregnancy herself.

How about the law in Mississippi (?) that wanted to classify a zygote from the moment of conception as a person. That was going to really get muddy.

Then if a mom had a drink she was providing alcohol to minors.
All miscarriages could technically get investigated to make sure they weren't caused by the mothers actions (in which case it would be murder). Think innocuous actions.
Someone is pregnant and unaware the whole pregnancy (it does happen) if the baby is born with problems the mom could be in trouble with child abuse.

A whole host of legal problems would be created and most of them couldn't be acted upon anyway. Only spot picked cases.

Any time the government determines time of life or death, things are going to be messed up. If you allow things to be determined on a medical basis, your legal system then won't be effected by the governments determination of when life begins or ends. Unfortunately though, we would have to deal with the handful of quack doctors which brings us back to our government determining when life begins.... which does not allow for common sense. To this woman, her baby was taken and murdered, I don't care what the law says about when a baby can survive.

On the topic, it is lack of respect for people on both sides of the table. If you are truly a Christian, then you would not belittle, hurt, or humiliate another one of God's creation. You would realize we are all sinners in the eyes of the Lord, so if you are not to serve sinners, then you are not able to serve anyone. . On the other hand, if a person truly feels that their life for eternity is dependent on whether or not they bake you a cake, how about some forgiveness, and move on. It is truly that simple.

How about the law in Mississippi (?) that wanted to classify a zygote from the moment of conception as a person. That was going to really get muddy.

Then if a mom had a drink she was providing alcohol to minors.
All miscarriages could technically get investigated to make sure they weren't caused by the mothers actions (in which case it would be murder). Think innocuous actions.
Someone is pregnant and unaware the whole pregnancy (it does happen) if the baby is born with problems the mom could be in trouble with child abuse.

A whole host of legal problems would be created and most of them couldn't be acted upon anyway. Only spot picked cases.
Wasn't Mississippi the state where they also passed a law for 'fetus lawyers?' Or is this the same issue?

Sometimes, I just don't even..

My sister in law is a NICU nurse. Yes a fetus can survive at 26 weeks, but the quality of life is usually going to be quite low. Brain function will most likely not be normal and they will be hooked up to machines their entire life. I believe they have even saved 22 or 23 weekers.

I have heard my SIL talk about how the parents are so happy they were able to save their little baby at this young an age, but she knows deep down they have no idea what they are really in store for.
I know :) I've been a labor and delivery nurse for 18 years. I don't have much to offer knowledge wise about cheer but when it's mom/baby related I jump in. I've seen amazing things done over these years- along with having early labor myself. The deep sick feeling i felt when I saw the news about this whole incident was indescribable.

I honestly support the right of a business to refuse service. If you walk into my business and act like a complete BLEEP then ya get the heck out and I won't be serving you! People honestly treat people in the service industry like second class citizens all because they have the notion that the customer is always right. :rolleyes: But what I can't understand is how that woman in Florida looked at 2 people who were obviously incredibly happy and excited and wanted to have your flowers at their big celebration and turn them down. Way to take something that is supposed to be amazing for someone else and rain all over it. Selfish people

Back