All-Star Discuss Your Usasf Struggles Here

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Aside from "matgate 2016", I had an issue with medium finalists being announced so late and then having medium all girl compete as the first division on Monday. With kids not sure if they are advancing until around 11:30, trying to fall asleep after learning they made finals, then having to be up by 6 to have enough time to get "performance ready" and go meet the team... My daughter barely got any sleep. Fortunately there were no major injuries this year but imo it's extremely dangerous to have these athletes competing such intricate skills with exhausted bodies and minds.
The did the same thing to medium coed last year. The were the last division to perform day 1, and the first division day 2...quick turnaround.

I'm having trouble posting the pic for some reason. But I can message it to you on Facebook.

CP slipped getting onto the mat. By the time the pyramid rolled around her shoes/socks were completely wet. In the pyramid her foot slipped out of her base's hand. Thankfully her base is awesome and was able to grab and throw her by the ankle. During the dance, cp slipped getting up from one floor position and her timing was off.

Hopefully this works, bringing the picture over for you
13076596_10209751386848289_944210725157656381_n.jpg

I'll say this (and maybe I just follow the right people) I have seen nothing but class from all the LAG teams. It was not the finals anyone wanted, but it was the finals we got. For the first time, in maybe forever, the division ended its season with no fighting, sniping or classless comments. I wish the circumstances had been different, and everyone had their moment in putting their best out there. I will enjoy the peace in the division right now though.

I'll say this (and maybe I just follow the right people) I have seen nothing but class from all the LAG teams. It was not the finals anyone wanted, but it was the finals we got. For the first time, in maybe forever, the division ended its season with no fighting, sniping or classless comments. I wish the circumstances had been different, and everyone had their moment in putting their best out there. I will enjoy the peace in the division right now though.
Uniting against a common frustration. What a way to bury the hatchet (for now).

Additionally, yep, that SE girl nearly takes herself out getting back on the mat.

Weird no one pointed that out yet but girl on sr elite also sliped doing her two to a full. Right side of the mat. 0:19

At 1:09, the girl in the back right corner (getting ready to tumble) looks like she's wiping her shoes off with her hands. :(

This is kind of related- but I'm a runner and I run outside in the snow during the winter. When it's slippery, my heart rate spikes and so do my nerves. If I was out there cheering and I felt unstable on my feet, I don't think I'd be able to stunt/tumble/catch as well as I would if I felt calm.

Can we talk about MAG? Is it true that a team (edited: Cheer Express Lady X) got to perform again after they competed, pyramid had issues and the coach complained they had to wait too long after warm ups? So they got to go again.
Can this be confirmed?

Last edited:
I am very thankful that no one got a life threatening or life altering injury this weekend. Arbitrary deductions for stupid things like hugging are one thing..........negligence that put children at risk of bodily harm is a different ball game. It is really sad that parents, athletes, coaches, and gym owners are afraid to speak up over this. This is not a hole in the wall competition. This is Worlds. This is the big one that athletes have as a goal, and their parents save up for. As being such a huge deal, the people planning it have the responsibility to make sure that it is not only well run but more importantly safe. Is the work truly worth it if it can lead to paralysis or death? If this were a one time fluke, I would give them the benefit of the doubt. But unfortunately, this isn't the first time this has happened. I seriously hope that they actually make changes and that the athletes participating in 2017 stay safe and have a positive experience.

Personally I would rather change my travel plans than having my kid get hurt because of the conditions. To me it seems silly for USASF to have a rule(not competing pass 11pm) and they themselves not follow it [emoji849]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I couldn't find @cheerKT 's post so I'm quoting yours, sorry. We are required to be in town through Monday. Nobody in either division is allowed to leave until Tuesday as a plan for adverse conditions. I don't care what kind of scheduling, judging, venue complications it would have cause for Usasf! Those kids deserved to perform under better conditions, period! It doesn't surprise me one bit that they would choose not to abide by their own rules!!! I'm honestly not shocked in the least.

Can we talk about MAG? Is it true that a team (maybe Cheer City United) got to perform again after they competed, pyramid had issues and the coach complained they had to wait too long after warm ups? So they got to go again.
Can this be confirmed?
Idk if that's true but I do know it was an insanely long wait between warm ups and performance...

Someone help me make this side project accurate:
3cdf28011650d8cf3b0062cd2b78120e.jpg

ETA: I was doing this from other people's posts so I know this is wrong :D Still missing coaches from KC Cheer, Flyers, Hot Cheer and Pittsburgh SS if they are in this photo.
That's Casey Jones (Rays owner) to Roger's left. White ringer tee with green sleeves. He's looking at the mat or Roger. Can't tell.

Back