All-Star Discuss Your Usasf Struggles Here

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

No idea. I am probably not the best source of info. Our gym is also from Nebraska. Our girls know their girls. Our coaches know their coaches. I know they performed a second time. We heard through the grapevine it was due to the unexplained break prior to their performance being extended and them being held after warm ups behind the stage. No idea the process they went through to make the decision.
Thank you for your candor. I was hoping to find a direct source here so I appreciate the reply.

What if the boycotting big gyms came together and created their own version of 'Worlds'? Or an independent EP stepped in to do something similar and they all went there instead? I don't know how much bigger gyms hold as far as power goes, but it seems like the only way to break off from Worlds is to create their own version of it and let it grow.

@tumbleyoda and @CharlotteASMom already addressed that in this thread.

Someone help me make this side project accurate:
3cdf28011650d8cf3b0062cd2b78120e.jpg

ETA: I was doing this from other people's posts so I know this is wrong :D Still missing coaches from KC Cheer, Flyers, Hot Cheer and Pittsburgh SS if they are in this photo.

Black shirt, pink vest facing left is Charles Lanoue from Flyers

What if the boycotting big gyms came together and created their own version of 'Worlds'? Or an independent EP stepped in to do something similar and they all went there instead? I don't know how much bigger gyms hold as far as power goes, but it seems like the only way to break off from Worlds is to create their own version of it and let it grow.
Someone correct me if I am wrong... but I believe that was somewhat the initial intent behind the Champions League. Some of the bigger gyms got together to create an "alternative". Not sure what sort of increased rebates or what Varsity must have dangled their way... but the rebellious ones were soon back to singing the Varsity tune.

There have been a lot of posts on this forum this weekend that have made me tear up.. This one actually did me in.
This is the saddest post I had read all weekend.

Why? Just Why ? :(

I haven't slept in 2 days. I cried all day yesterday, for all of them. (The division as a whole). I had myself on a 24 social media ban because I couldn't even discuss it without the strongest curse words I've ever used. (And, I would have been banned). Why? Because they can. Why? Because what's anybody going to do about it? Boycott Worlds? They don't care. They'll just fill the slots with other teams willing to overlook the negligence to be a World Champion, because cheer is big business to gyms whether you're small, medium, large or mega sized and medaling is good for business.

Question is, will USASF be able to even sell out the Milkhouse, much less both level's of the ball field, without the premier teams who drive their fan base to spend obscene amounts of $$$ to see their favorites?

Last edited:
I haven't slept in 2 days. I cried all day yesterday, for all of them. (The division as a whole). I had myself on a 24 social media ban because I couldn't even discuss it without the strongest curse words I've ever used. (And, I would have been banned). Why? Because they can. Why? Because what's anybody going to do about it? Boycott Worlds? They don't care. They'll just fill the slots with other teams willing to overlook the negligence to be a World Champion, because cheer is big business to gyms whether you're mega, small, medium or large sized and medaling is good for business.

Question is, will USASF be able to even sell out the Milkhouse, much less both level's of the ball field, without the premier teams who drive their fan base to spend obscene amounts of $$$ to see their favorites?

If the premier gyms/teams pulled out I believe it would hurt them - sure they would still have teams go, and gyms medal that may not have medaled before, but in the long run, I am not sure that would really matter. They would not have the same amount, nor number of fans attend if certain teams/gyms did not go. The "prestige" of worlds would also decline, because certain gyms did not attend, because you would not be competing with the best. It would hurt their bottom line.

im pretty positive tara from maryland doesnt have bleach blonde hair... but i thought i saw her in the other pic of this standing on the other side of the CEA coaches/staff
The blonde looks like Stephanie from our Raleigh gym

Someone correct me if I am wrong... but I believe that was somewhat the initial intent behind the Champions League. Some of the bigger gyms got together to create an "alternative". Not sure what sort of increased rebates or what Varsity must have dangled their way... but the rebellious ones were soon back to singing the Varsity tune.
There is also Champions Cup I believe. It's geared more towards the smaller gyms. Wonderful Independent competition for starting your end of season comps.

If the premier gyms/teams pulled out I believe it would hurt them - sure they would still have teams go, and gyms medal that may not have medaled before, but in the long run, I am not sure that would really matter. They would not have the same amount, nor number of fans attend if certain teams/gyms did not go. The "prestige" of worlds would also decline, because certain gyms did not attend, because you would not be competing with the best. It would hurt their bottom line.
While I agree... the thing is the premier gyms can't afford to pull out for long or they won't be the premier gyms anymore and varsity (ooops I mean usasf) knows it. If they can't blast "Gold Medalists x 1000" how do they draw athletes? Gyms need worlds for business. (I have seen the goliath where we used to live basically disappear when their level 5 program started to fall apart) That is why many smaller programs bring their "better off at level 4" teams to Worlds... it is all ultimately marketing.

I do not believe a boycott will ever happen. What is the alternative? It is a business not only for the USASF but also for the gyms who dangle worlds teams to parents to get them and keep them in the door.

Back