All-Star Discuss Your Usasf Struggles Here

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

If anyone was wondering, here's the updated side project. Still unsure about CEA peeps.
dfaa6e8592bdd37993990d6fe33d1e9f.jpg
The other Nicole from HC, Pasqualino. I also think 11 might be Kyle from HC (don't know last name), not 100% on that though.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Someone help me make this side project accurate:
3cdf28011650d8cf3b0062cd2b78120e.jpg

ETA: I was doing this from other people's posts so I know this is wrong :D Still missing coaches from KC Cheer, Flyers, Hot Cheer and Pittsburgh SS if they are in this photo.
Don't know if this conversation is still on going or if anyone already said this, but the PSS owner is the one who you can't really see in the orange/red shirt with long blonde hair

Eta @Eyes On The Prize her name is Aimee nicewarner so you can label appropriately lol

Last edited:
I aged out in 2012 but I coach now. I feel anything longer than 15 minutes is detrimental to the team performance.
Same. I remember one time we we literally warming up as awards were starting because they were behind but they still had warm ups go on time. I think we waited over 45 minutes before we performed. I was sick that day too so all I wanted to do was sleep. I took a nap in the warmup area.

I didn't make the number up. I read it in an article about them.

1. It might be Billion, but it's definitely not Trillion. WalMart total revenue was less than $500 Billion last year.

2. My daughter cheered from 1996 - 2010. I'm very happy for her experience and think she ended her career at the right time.

3. When the Parent Action Committee was formed several years ago, I was hoping that safety and many of the issues currently happening could be addressed by the PAC. But it has no power to do anything and I couldn't get enough parent interest to at least get it some leverage. My fault.

Last edited:
I aged out in 2012 but I coach now. I feel anything longer than 15 minutes is detrimental to the team performance.
Aged out in 2011. I think the longest I felt comfortable waiting was 20 minutes, ten minutes was ideal. One time we waited about an hour, needless to say we got to go back to the warm up room and go to go through the routine ONCE in order to "re-warmup". Didn't help. We still dropped two stunts.

Aged out in 2011. I think the longest I felt comfortable waiting was 20 minutes, ten minutes was ideal. One time we waited about an hour, needless to say we got to go back to the warm up room and go to go through the routine ONCE in order to "re-warmup". Didn't help. We still dropped two stunts.

I aged out from college last year, and with the crazy stunts at that level, if we didn't compete within about 15 minutes of warming up I went nuts from nerves in addition to cooling completely back down (NCA was the worst, there were 30 minutes between warmups and competing on the bandshell ugh). However, when I did high school I remember being ok with 20-25 minute waits; anything more than that and I was a wreck.

Bottom line is it probably depends on the level you're competing at and the individual person, but more than 30 minutes is ridiculous. Always.

Assuming these gates. I don't see tape so I guess they taped them after the entered?

They had way too many people in the venue and things were out of control. Every individual working the stadium gave you different instruction and things got heated. There were fights between event staff, event staff and spectators, and between the spectators themselves. The police were brought in. Nobody knew what was going on and the spectators and athletes paid for USASF mismanagement. The crowd inside the venue couldn't be handled as it was, so event staff quit allowing entry to anyone. Initially, they posted event staff at every gate but that wasn't working well enough. Out of desperation a number of individuals gained entry creatively so they broke out the tape and began taping up all of the gates. All of the gates except for the entry gate that was physically held closed by numerous security with other security backing them up. And another gate that exited you out of WWOS. Once you exited that gate you were disallowed any reentry to WWOS.

This I know because I lived the whole messed up situation. Now I have PTSD from Cheer Worlds. Ha!

Last edited:
Listen I am not up on all the safety rules at what Levels Etc. One thing that jumped out at me during the whole wet floor situation was.... Remember in the MilkHouse on Day 1, for lack of a better name I will call him "Captain Diveroll" the spotter who has flying all over the mat trying to save every potential shoe lace that may have touched the floor.

Where was he on the ball field? I applaud the effort he was making to make sure none of the athletes were injured. At what point does he say "Hey it's wet out there, the back of my shirt proves it from rolling around out there" but come to think of it. I don't remember seeing Captain Diveroll out there at all? Did that diminish the cinematic effect of filming finals?

Again maybe they don't use spotter for large teams for the tight mat space. It was something I thought about as they were discussing safety issues. Why didn't Captain Diveroll speak up? I do applaud the effort to help keep our kids safe. I just wish USASF would keep the same safety standards across the board. It will get better I am sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The spotters were out there. I don't remember them doing anything during finals, but do remember thinking I bet their feet hurt! From what I could tell the same ones that were in HP. I don't know which one was captain dive roll though without him diving in to save the day!

Weird no one pointed that out yet but girl on sr elite also sliped doing her two to a full. Right side of the mat. 0:19

Glad you pointed this out! I don't think any of us noticed because of where she was, but that was worse than the panther girl IMO.
  1. I'd also like to point out the athlete getting ready to tumbling in the back right corner at 1:10 wiping off her shoes.
  2. And the athlete on our left side wiping off her shoes at 1:15.
  3. The tick tock on the far left at 2:41 could be called different ways, but to me it looks like the base and backs feet slipped. IMO the tick tock hit correctly, but the "foundation" got slipped up.

I don't think any team is told to go out there and pretend the floor is wet so they can fight it, just in case they don't hit. I've also seen a lot of weird "traditions" as girls get ready to tumble in the corner, but I've never seen wiping the bottom of shoes! Especially by multiple girls. I think we can all agree the evidence is enough to prove the floor was wet. I think it speaks volumes about all of the teams that they were able to hit as much as they did!

1. I would like to see Cheer Athletics statement as IMHO they were the only ones affected by the wet floor and she could have been seriously injured.

2. I'm gonna be really honest here, and my opinion is probably an unpopular one.. I don't believe that the actual blue floor was soaking wet to the point where it was a hazard. I agree the red border was wet from the humidity and dew but has anyone shown proof of the blue floor being wet? I have watched all LAG videos and a lot of them seem to be landing tumbling just fine ?

3. I am not taking away any kids right to safety or any coaches right to stand up for their teams. They were there I was not. I actually have no dog in the fight - just going off what I see !

4.I do not agree with an athlete competing at midnight. Completely unacceptable !

5. I hope some of these actions have consequences.
My daughter starts out in the middle of the mat, standing tumbling to the back, slipped in her drop step on the worlds emblem, which was slick, the tape was slick, and the blue floor was enough to get their shoes wet, which made stunting almost impossible. Immediately after performing, she ran to her coaches and, leaving out a few words, relayed to them the floor was like a slip and slide and she had never been so scared in her life. She landed her tumbling, but it was definitely more of a challenge. These kids had no idea what to do but make the best of the situation and try to make it through. Just FYI, the floor was a hazard! Plus they competed a good 45 minutes after warmups, and Orange had to wait even longer.

@mstealtoyou In your opinion, do you think given the history over the past few years, the conditions and circumstances of this year, the price, the fact that parents had to wait for 7 hours to get a seat, etc that if CSP decided to not go to worlds next year, the CEA parents would back her? Or would it be mass exodus to go to a worlds gym down the road? All hypothetical of course, and you obviously don't have to answer, but I know you've been around a while and have seen it all!

At 1:09, the girl in the back right corner (getting ready to tumble) looks like she's wiping her shoes off with her hands. :(

This is kind of related- but I'm a runner and I run outside in the snow during the winter. When it's slippery, my heart rate spikes and so do my nerves. If I was out there cheering and I felt unstable on my feet, I don't think I'd be able to stunt/tumble/catch as well as I would if I felt calm.
Yup! Thats my cp! She went straight to her coaches afterward and told them it was terrible!!!! She was livid! She said it was the scariest 2 and a half minutes of her life hahaha

Back