All-Star Discuss Your Usasf Struggles Here

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@mstealtoyou In your opinion, do you think given the history over the past few years, the conditions and circumstances of this year, the price, the fact that parents had to wait for 7 hours to get a seat, etc that if CSP decided to not go to worlds next year, the CEA parents would back her? Or would it be mass exodus to go to a worlds gym down the road? All hypothetical of course, and you obviously don't have to answer, but I know you've been around a while and have seen it all!

I haven't thought about it. Nobody wants a boycott. We want the governing body to protect our children. We want them to make decisions in the best of interest of them. They sure don't have any issues telling us you can't double on a youth team, you can't double double its not safe, cover your stomach, don't act too flamboyant to the boys.......this was their opportunity to follow their own rules.....do the safe thing and they dropped the ball big time!

We still have teams competing at the summit and then banquets so I don't think anybody's even thinking about next year yet.

Ill think on it though. Thanks!

Last edited:
Coaches and/or athletes- what is the longest that you feel comfortable waiting between warmups to perform?
Personal opinion, others may differ.

I think it depends on venue and the distance from the warm-up room to the floor. Small local comps somewhere around 7-10 minutes is typically enough time to do what we need to do. HP field house, I think 15 is good, 20 max. It takes some time for the kids to grab a quick drink (optional) and head down the stairs, through the long hallway, to the back of the stage to have our rituals. HS nationals this year had the (extremely hot) back hallway backed up all the way to the stairs during our division. I don't know how long we waited back stage but I wasn't happy.

My daughter starts out in the middle of the mat, standing tumbling to the back, slipped in her drop step on the worlds emblem, which was slick, the tape was slick, and the blue floor was enough to get their shoes wet, which made stunting almost impossible. Immediately after performing, she ran to her coaches and, leaving out a few words, relayed to them the floor was like a slip and slide and she had never been so scared in her life. She landed her tumbling, but it was definitely more of a challenge. These kids had no idea what to do but make the best of the situation and try to make it through. Just FYI, the floor was a hazard! Plus they competed a good 45 minutes after warmups, and Orange had to wait even longer.
Is your daughter AH ? Just going off your avatar. If so, kudos to you for raising such a sweet girl ! I met her at 2014 worlds and got a picture with her and she was super sweet ! Hard to believe these kids are in high school with the way some of them carry themselves. Pictures autographs etc !

I feel so terrible that these athletes had to go through this. I should have known that stories like this would come out after worlds. I hope something is done !

Glad you pointed this out! I don't think any of us noticed because of where she was, but that was worse than the panther girl IMO.
  1. I'd also like to point out the athlete getting ready to tumbling in the back right corner at 1:10 wiping off her shoes.
  2. And the athlete on our left side wiping off her shoes at 1:15.
  3. The tick tock on the far left at 2:41 could be called different ways, but to me it looks like the base and backs feet slipped. IMO the tick tock hit correctly, but the "foundation" got slipped up.

I don't think any team is told to go out there and pretend the floor is wet so they can fight it, just in case they don't hit. I've also seen a lot of weird "traditions" as girls get ready to tumble in the corner, but I've never seen wiping the bottom of shoes! Especially by multiple girls. I think we can all agree the evidence is enough to prove the floor was wet. I think it speaks volumes about all of the teams that they were able to hit as much as they did!

Just also noticed front walkover going to the left at .38 kind of slipped.. Hard to believe a worlds team athlete would have such an odd looking front walkover .. thoughts? I think she slipped

Is your daughter AH ? Just going off your avatar. If so, kudos to you for raising such a sweet girl ! I met her at 2014 worlds and got a picture with her and she was super sweet ! Hard to believe these kids are in high school with the way some of them carry themselves. Pictures autographs etc !

I feel so terrible that these athletes had to go through this. I should have known that stories like this would come out after worlds. I hope something is done !
Yes she is :), thank you so much for your kind words, means everything to me!!! She is actually devastated to end her cheer career like this, so yes, we are hoping something is done.

Just also noticed front walkover going to the left at .38 kind of slipped.. Hard to believe a worlds team athlete would have such an odd looking front walkover .. thoughts? I think she slipped
I think that one is too subjective. Only that girl knows if she did or not, and I would never doubt her if she says she did. However my own opinion, after pulling up the day 1 video to compare, I don't think she slipped.

Yes she is :), thank you so much for your kind words, means everything to me!!! She is actually devastated to end her cheer career like this, so yes, we are hoping something is done.
You're very welcome ! Here is the picture - She was so humble and kind and was so grateful to hear my best friend and I drove from New Hampshire to Florida to see Worlds/Cheer Extreme !
hvp7b4.png

Its big.. tried to resize and I failed !

That is not him. No one from KC Cheer is in that picture posted.
My bad. Didn't think it looked like him from that angle, but it does look like the back of his head in the other angle. I was wondering why Miguel would be in a pink checked shirt for finals, but I stopped questioning his fashion choices years ago haha.

@Eyes On The Prize you can take 11 off the board for now I think!

My daughter starts out in the middle of the mat, standing tumbling to the back, slipped in her drop step on the worlds emblem, which was slick, the tape was slick, and the blue floor was enough to get their shoes wet, which made stunting almost impossible. Immediately after performing, she ran to her coaches and, leaving out a few words, relayed to them the floor was like a slip and slide and she had never been so scared in her life. She landed her tumbling, but it was definitely more of a challenge. These kids had no idea what to do but make the best of the situation and try to make it through. Just FYI, the floor was a hazard! Plus they competed a good 45 minutes after warmups, and Orange had to wait even longer.

This is something I've been thinking about

I've watches gymnastics meets where gymnasts have requested that the apparatus be checked before they competed

I've seen athletes question balls. I've seen athletes question the time on clocks. I've she's basketball players point out wet spots on the floor and the game is stopped to mop it....Etc

My concern is, what does it say if these children got on the mat and noticed the wetness and didn't feel as though they could speak up. Felt as though they couldn't say "hey, it's wet. I probably shouldn't be throwing my double full on this or holding Suzy's wet shoe 6+ feet in air". Those girls in the SE video are clearly sliding and wiping their feet and I'm sorry but it's simply baffling that they felt they had to "make do", that they had accept a wet mat....because the all of the people running this event didn't feel the need to be accountable, to monitor conditions, or simply look at the the wet border and infer that that could indicate a larger problem.

I have no doubt that those kids felt they "had" to perform. That they themselves could not stop the routine due to the conditions because....I mean what established protocol is there that they are aware of? Stopping a routine for anything short of a injury is the end of the world as far as they're probably concerned.

That's sad.

And if a girl on KC or whomever truly did tell her coach that the mat was wet and if the coach truly relay the concern.....why were they ignored?

Like it's literally like their mindset was "we paid our invoices to be here tonight and 9k paid to watch this....so whatev kids....electric and Cha-cha slide your way through 2 mins and 30 seconds. Godspeed"

It's also sad that in order to discuss this it feels like F5's win is being discredited. And it shouldn't be the case.

And is anyone from USASF going to release a statement or address this? Or are they somewhere riding the tea cups

I've watches gymnastics meets where gymnasts have requested that the apparatus be checked before they competed

I've seen athletes question balls. I've seen athletes question the time on clocks. I've she's basketball players point out wet spots on the floor and the game is stopped to mop it....Etc

My concern is, what does it say if these children got on the mat and noticed the wetness and didn't feel as though they could speak up. Felt as though they couldn't say "hey, it's wet. I probably shouldn't be throwing my double full on this or holding Suzy's wet shoe 6+ feet in air". Those girls in the SE video are clearly sliding and wiping their feet and I'm sorry but it's simply baffling that they felt they had to "make do", that they had accept a wet mat....because the all of the people running this event didn't feel the need to be accountable, to monitor conditions, or simply look at the the wet border and infer that that could indicate a larger problem.

I have no doubt that those kids felt they "had" to perform. That they themselves could not stop the routine due to the conditions because....I mean what established protocol is there that they are aware of? Stopping a routine for anything short of a injury is the end of the world as far as they're probably concerned.

That's sad.

And if a girl on KC or whomever truly did tell her coach that the mat was wet and if the coach truly relay the concern.....why were they ignored?

Like it's literally like their mindset was "we paid our invoices to be here tonight and 9k paid to watch this....so whatev kids....electric and Cha-cha slide your way through 2 mins and 30 seconds. Godspeed"

It's also sad that in order to discuss this it feels like F5's win is being discredited. And it shouldn't be the case.

And is anyone from USASF going to release a statement or address this? Or are they somewhere riding the tea cups
THAT is what gets me. That we've become so used to such garbage that they now just think 'Oh well, let's do what we can.' Short of screaming pain, they feel like they're trapped or they're letting everyone down. I think it's easier in gymnastics where it's just you, but the fear of being 'the one who ruins it' keeps them pushing through anyway.

Gross. Just gross. USASF you are the biggest disappointment ever. I'm sending you all the shame.

That's sad.

As of now, somewhere riding the tea cups! I think A LOT of people are anxiously awaiting some sort of statement!

Is USASF expected to make an official statement about this? I'm unfamiliar with any situation that even remotely falls into the same level of failure as this one and correct me if I'm wrong, they didn't release a statement about being super late last World's did they? I've seen the mention of a statement a few times now; here and the main thread and was just curious if that is a realistic expectation or people are just expecting USASF to own up to their mistakes?

I would like to see the large senior division...where are the videos? Am I just not seeing them? I've been a little out of touch this year but you have my attention...how does this happen? USASF get your poop together before Someone is critically injured on YOUR watch!

Back