All-Star Discuss Your Usasf Struggles Here

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@Souldier welcome to FB! I recommend searching scoring threads in the search bar to start.
I've read just about all I can read and All I can come up with in all star cheerleading, difficulty is subjective. The way I understand gymnastics, you turn in your routine prior to performing and they set your difficulty. If you don't execute the stunts they remove points. Cheer decides your difficulty as they watch it and whatever team makes them feel something emotionally, thats who gets the highest score. I think its sad because I have a new found respect for the athletics surrounding all-star cheer. I think the kids train extremely hard but superior skill is not rewarded. I think from a competitive stand point, its no more than a pageant and can't be taken serious as a sporting event until the judging is cleaned up. From what people in the industry have told me, its a money play to keep smaller gyms interested. However the one example I know of involved 3 large gyms, so I can't understand that logic fully.
I found this really random video. Im guessing its satire or some fan posting it but its proves the point I'm referring to.
its under a user on youtube called "honestusasf"
In all, it just left me more confused. So I'm off to the music threads since thats my area of expertise. Hope the Usasf gets it together. Good luck next season all!

I've read just about all I can read and All I can come up with in all star cheerleading, difficulty is subjective. The way I understand gymnastics, you turn in your routine prior to performing and they set your difficulty. If you don't execute the stunts they remove points. Cheer decides your difficulty as they watch it and whatever team makes them feel something emotionally, thats who gets the highest score. I think its sad because I have a new found respect for the athletics surrounding all-star cheer. I think the kids train extremely hard but superior skill is not rewarded. I think from a competitive stand point, its no more than a pageant and can't be taken serious as a sporting event until the judging is cleaned up. From what people in the industry have told me, its a money play to keep smaller gyms interested. However the one example I know of involved 3 large gyms, so I can't understand that logic fully.
I found this really random video. Im guessing its satire or some fan posting it but its proves the point I'm referring to.
its under a user on youtube called "honestusasf"
In all, it just left me more confused. So I'm off to the music threads since thats my area of expertise. Hope the Usasf gets it together. Good luck next season all!
LOL the confusion is something you'll get used to. A coach on here mentioned that at a 2-day competition, his team had the same performance on both days, and were scored by the judging panel, but that didn't stop the scores from differing by a full 8 POINTS. Then toss in the fact that EPs can give out bids at their discretion (read: the highest scoring team doesn't always get them, like people would have you think). And scoring is kept so under wraps that it's hard to tell when things are being unfairly altered. It's frustrating.

Now I have to check out that YouTube channel LOL.

I was very upset with the whole s***show last night.

Steve Peterson needs to resign or be fired. There's no excuse for the same issues to come up over and over.

**Some day all cheerleaders will want to compete at "Varsity Stadium" and won't have any clue what the "Milk House" even was.**
I couldn't agree more. Something has to be done to stop these things from happening.

While I know that this was almost 3 weeks ago I'm still left feeling bitter and resentful. You see my CP is on one of these teams who were in the top 3 and has now aged out. This was her last time competing at Worlds, her last chance to achieve what she has given so much up for along with so many other seniors. I have held my tongue but don't feel I can anymore. USASF's willingness to have a re-do was great but they should have either had a vote where majority won, or just told the 2 divisions "We went against our own rules and will be having these 2 divisions compete again inside" no discussions no arguments.
But no it had to be a unanimous vote, duh of course not all the teams would be willing to do this. Now don't get me wrong I appreciate USASF giving my daughter a $330 scholarship (one that we have no clue how to receive) but maybe they should go one step further and hand out rings to all those seniors who age out and this was their last chance. It would have been better for them to just tell everyone to suck it up and compete one last time rather then spend almost a quarter of a million dollars to make it better.
Now I'm off to another chapter in our lives and will enjoy watching her at the college level at Daytona next year.

I've waited to respond because I didn't want to say something I'd regret. But, time hasn't softened my view.

I have to say I find the statement issued by USASF insulting. They feel they can throw out a little hush money and that will take care of things? Although I'm glad they acknowledged....we'll wait, what did they acknowledge ? They are master wordsmiths to say the least. They assumed no responsibility. They downplayed the severity and never really addressed any of the problems. This is their idea of damage control. And they expect to simply buy their way out of their problems rather than address the issues.

Thank goodness nothing serious occurred to athletes or spectators but it very well could have. In a worst case scenario this situation could have resulted in disaster. Many lives could have been lost. What they did was not simply neglectful and stupid. It was criminal. A lot of people stand to get in a lot of trouble for what took place that night. I'm sure they are very aware of that fact. They knowingly put lives at risk for profit.

Are they going to reimburse all the spectators that paid to see the event and couldn't get in the venue ? Individuals spent a lot of money and time getting to Worlds only to get turned away. And these are people holding tickets to the event. Or are they going to apologize to the spectators that they jerked around and were abusive towards ? How do they intend to compensate the parents that missed their kids performance (for some their kids final cheer performance ever) ?

It's obvious they intend to do nothing. They got their money. I am sure that they made more money from overselling tickets to the stadium than they will pay out with their $330 per athlete payout. It's profitable for them to run their events in this manner. Where is the incentive to change anything ? Obviously there is none. That's why you can anticipate the very same problems next year. It's far more profitable to payout $330 per athlete and fix nothing.
OMG I'm so glad there is others out there that feel the same way I do.

And someone asked a few pages back if anyone on Cheetah's felt like the floor was wet. Well I was told not only by my daughter but by several others on Cali Coed that it was and that was early on.

I couldn't agree more. Something has to be done to stop these things from happening.

While I know that this was almost 3 weeks ago I'm still left feeling bitter and resentful. You see my CP is on one of these teams who were in the top 3 and has now aged out. This was her last time competing at Worlds, her last chance to achieve what she has given so much up for along with so many other seniors. I have held my tongue but don't feel I can anymore. USASF's willingness to have a re-do was great but they should have either had a vote where majority won, or just told the 2 divisions "We went against our own rules and will be having these 2 divisions compete again inside" no discussions no arguments.
But no it had to be a unanimous vote, duh of course not all the teams would be willing to do this. Now don't get me wrong I appreciate USASF giving my daughter a $330 scholarship (one that we have no clue how to receive) but maybe they should go one step further and hand out rings to all those seniors who age out and this was their last chance. It would have been better for them to just tell everyone to suck it up and compete one last time rather then spend almost a quarter of a million dollars to make it better.
Now I'm off to another chapter in our lives and will enjoy watching her at the college level at Daytona next year.

Things may seem quiet, but there are still forces seeking more out of USASF than a one-time partial refund check.

My perception of the evening: There was no actual vote taken. There was a ton of confusion and discussion, but no actual vote. Also, the discussion wasn't simply "did USASF badly screw this up?" - that was overwhelmingly unanimous. The discussion was about the logistics of a potential re-do. I believe the suggestion was a relatively late-night competition the following day in HP. There was a scramble to determine if that was do-able with travel plans of athletes, families, fans, etc. I imagine that it would have been difficult, but possible. However, before coaches were really able to confirm that they could do that, it was obvious that it was never going to be unanimous, so there wasn't any point in continuing.

It also wasn't immediately obvious if large coed was involved in the discussion either. I think it is safe to assume that the mat got more wet as the night went on and got cooler, but when it got "too wet" isn't immediately clear. I don't know the answer to that.

It is also not fair to assume that every gym owner's early arguments in the heat of the moment match up exactly with their public statements afterwards. After your team places lower than you were hoping, you don't want your customers to think that you were opposed to a re-do.

It seems that everyone is calculating the "5" teams in the division and their opinions, but there were 10 teams in each of those divisions and their opinions mattered also. Some of them may have believed with all of the errors, they would have moved past some of the "powerhouses" in the division.

Also, that was a fantastically stressful, unusual situation for those gym owners/coaches to be in. It isn't fair to judge their "love of their athletes" or their "faith in their athletes abilities" based on that particular 20-30 minutes of USASF-induced chaos. It was clear to me that regardless of their opinion about a re-do, every one of those coaches was incredibly frustrated and was genuinely trying to figure out what was best for their teams.

Last edited:
For those who were unable to get in to Champions Stadium or anyone else here is the info (email address) to request a refund. This was taken from USASF's website.

How do I request a refund?
All refund requests must be submitted in writing by email to the
address below. Include the gym/team name, amount requested,
to whom to write and where to mail the check, and a reason for
the refund. The event office will review your account and issue a
refund check based upon what they see in your file. All refund
checks are processed AFTER the event has completed. The
average processing time for a refund is four weeks from the date
the request is received. Refunds are not issued unless a written
request is received.
USASF
The Cheerleading World
6745 Lenox Center, Suite 300
Memphis, TN 38115
Email: [email protected]

Things may seem quiet, but there are still forces seeking more out of USASF than a one-time partial refund check.

My perception of the evening: There was no actual vote taken. It was a ton of confusion and discussion, but no actual vote. Also, the discussion wasn't simply "did USASF badly screw this up?" - that was overwhelmingly unanimous. The discussion was about the logistics of a potential re-do. I believe the suggestion was a relatively late-night competition the following day in HP. There was a scramble to determine if that was do-able with travel plans of athletes, families, fans, etc. I imagine that it would have been difficult, but possible. However, before coaches were really able to confirm that they could do that, it was obvious that it was never going to be unanimous, so there wasn't any point in continuing.

It also wasn't immediately obvious if large coed was involved in the discussion either. I think it is safe to assume that the mat got more wet as the night went on and got cooler, but when it got "too wet" isn't immediately clear. I don't know the answer to that.

It is also not fair to assume that every gym owner's early arguments in the heat of the moment match up exactly with their public statements afterwards. After your team places lower than you were hoping, you don't want your customers to think that you were opposed to a re-do.

It seems that everyone is calculating the "5" teams in the division and their opinions, but there were 10 teams in each of those divisions and their opinions mattered also. Some of them may have believed with all of the errors, they would have moved past some of the "powerhouses" in the division.

Also, that was a fantastically stressful, unusual situation for those gym owners/coaches to be in. It isn't fair to judge their "love of their athletes" or their "faith in their athletes abilities" based on that particular 20-30 minutes of USASF-induced chaos. It was clear to me that regardless of their opinion about a re-do, every one of those coaches was incredibly frustrated and was genuinely trying to figure out what was best for their teams.

Let me start out saying Thank you for clearing quite a bit up for me. There is/was so much chatter about it that it's been confusing. I honestly can say that the top Coed team deserved to be where they were. I was basing my opinion on what I was told which didn't seem fair. If I came across like I was blaming anyone I wasn't in fact If I owned a gym and my team came in first I can't say I wouldn't have been thrilled at a do-over. After 11 years of All Stars I'm just beyond frustrated. USASF who is supposed to be in place to protect these athletes does little of that. It saddens me to see where this sport is going.

My perception of the evening: There was no actual vote taken. It was a ton of confusion and discussion, but no actual vote. Also, the discussion wasn't simply "did USASF badly screw this up?" - that was overwhelmingly unanimous. The discussion was about the logistics of a potential re-do. I believe the suggestion was a relatively late-night competition the following day in HP. There was a scramble to determine if that was do-able with travel plans of athletes, families, fans, etc. I imagine that it would have been difficult, but possible. However, before coaches were really able to confirm that they could do that, it was obvious that it was never going to be unanimous, so there wasn't any point in continuing.

This makes me happy.

OMG I'm so glad there is others out there that feel the same way I do.

And someone asked a few pages back if anyone on Cheetah's felt like the floor was wet. Well I was told not only by my daughter but by several others on Cali Coed that it was and that was early on.
i looked at your twitter and saw the picture of your daughter. is she the one sliding into splits on the wet mat in this video?:

13:05 - 13:30 lol (cali coed behind the scenes worlds 2016)

it's not looking good for usasf at all. hopefully they get sued via a class action law suit and don't get the satisfaction of not being sued by keeping people quiet with their $300 "please don't sue us" money.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but I saw on Twitter that USASF Cheer posted a tweet saying: "Do you have a proposal for a rule change? Submit your idea now. DEADLINE is Friday May 13th!"
I don't know how to post a picture or I would screenshot it. Just thought it was interesting.

im really curious since worlds is now over, what teams in large senior did not want a redo.

Last edited:

I wish they would have done a redo. realistically, travel plans SHOULDNT have been an issue since the rain date for finals was Monday anyway. so the athletes should have been fine for that (again, I stress should, not would)

Not sure if anyone mentioned this but I saw on Twitter that USASF Cheer posted a tweet saying: "Do you have a proposal for a rule change? Submit your idea now. DEADLINE is Friday May 13th!"
I don't know how to post a picture or I would screenshot it. Just thought it was interesting.
I saw a similar tweet with the deadline as May 1..... USASF tweeted it after May 1

One has to factor in the mass confusion and frustration of the situation. It is easy to arm-chair-quarterback at home weeks later and theorize how you would "vote". It was a cluster-f after the last team went and coaches were scattered all over the place. You have to factor in the fact that the teams had already performed what they thought was finals. At least one team thought they had likely just won Worlds and didn't think the floor affected them. You can theorize all you want about "I don't care that we probably won a world championship, I would willingly give that up so the USASF event could be xx% more fair" but that simply isn't reality for ANY coach.

Perhaps most importantly, voting for a do-over involves trusting USASF to hastily throw together a new schedule and create a safe, fair environment for finals in 20 hours, when the entire event had been a @#$ show after a year of planning. (Problems extended FAR beyond the baseball field.)

Last edited:
Back