All-Star Discuss Your Usasf Struggles Here

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

@BlueCat as always thanks for posting. There are many who like to speculate about what happened or what should have happened that have never coached or owned a gym. Taking the time and letting us hear straight from you is extremely valuable.

Call me cynical, but even with the publicity, and the admission of guilt, and the respected coaches objecting to the situation, I just don't think USASF will make any changes. The weird self-imposed fine just seems like a way to absolve themselves and make excuses. Come next year, I expect we'll still see the same tight, unachievable schedule, the competition will probably still be out on that baseball field, and the floor will probably still have loose boards or wet patches.

USASF, please prove me wrong.

Does anyone have USASF contact information? I have a membership question. Thanks :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i looked at your twitter and saw the picture of your daughter. is she the one sliding into splits on the wet mat in this video?:

13:05 - 13:30 lol (cali coed behind the scenes worlds 2016)

it's not looking good for usasf at all. hopefully they get sued via a class action law suit and don't get the satisfaction of not being sued by keeping people quiet with their $300 "please don't sue us" money.

HAHAHAHA yes she's also the one at the end of the video give the thumbs up. Sometimes I just don't know about that child. LOL

So this may not be the right place to ask and I really don't know the whole behind the scenes because I'm just a parent who barely steps foot in the gym since CP can drive herself now....but WHAT in the NAME of SWEET BABY JESUS is going on with this music stuff? I saw the info from "USA Cheer" (aka Varsity aka USASF), but today I'm seeing more stuff from gym owners (particularly from small gyms that we used to be a part of) talking about music producers needing to secure insurance policies, someone referenced something about a uniform lawsuit, just general disdain for that trifecta that runs the cheer world.

As a parent I'm looking for my gym owners to step up and advocate for the rights of the consumers and owners, but I know that we are part of a larger gym family that has the pockets to continue spending whatever they need to in order to participate....but here's the thing. Why? Why should any gym, large or small, be forced to participate in such a monopoly in order to be competitive? When do people start refusing? Like I would love nothing more for some big names to come together and create a true "Worlds"....not the "Varsity Worlds" which is what we have now.

Is competing and winning at these comps more important than standing up for the integrity of our sport? I realize kids, coaches, and parents want to be and compete at these events....I'm just shocked that it just seems like they reach further and further into what teams can/can't do with no end in sight.

I'm not a doctor or lawyer, I just play one at work.

Call me cynical, but even with the publicity, and the admission of guilt, and the respected coaches objecting to the situation, I just don't think USASF will make any changes. The weird self-imposed fine just seems like a way to absolve themselves and make excuses. Come next year, I expect we'll still see the same tight, unachievable schedule, the competition will probably still be out on that baseball field, and the floor will probably still have loose boards or wet patches.

USASF, please prove me wrong.

After a month to recover and reflect on my 1st worlds experience as a parent and spectator i have a couple of observations and questions :

1. Why are only 2 division finals featured on the baseball field (with all the pomp, fireworks and pageantry)

2. Why did I have to sit thru 10 teams in both of those divisions when 3-5 would suffice to determine a champion

3. CA Wildcats had the highest overall worlds score and a jaw-dropping routine...yet they didn't get to perform on the big stage , followed by a fireworks display

4. Is a world championship in 1 division more important than another division?

USASF should consider bringing the top 3 in each of the divisions to compete with all the pomp, pageantry, crowds and fireworks...Along with an announcement of the overall grand champion .

I would pay a premium to see all that talent under one roof...instead of trying to run from one venue to another to try and catch 4 or 5 finals.

I'm a newbie...but not a dummy...finals and championship announcements should all take place at one time in one venue...1st come 1st serve on the tickets!!!!
Just like a concert...if you want to see it bad enough...you'll buy the ticket early...if not...watch it on a big screen in an overflow area!!!

Someone help me understand!!!!

Last edited:
Oh USASF,

I never knew struggle until the lights went out in the Milkhouse and we started to tumble in the dark. When Tsunami was told to go back stage and were informed that we would have to perform our entire routine again, full out, from the beginning... I thought I might topple over. Just when we thought we'd only have one chance to hit on day two, we had an injury and had to stop the music once again. Four routines, one weekend, lots of tears, lots of memories. As chaotic as that weekend was, those moments changed my life forever and I wouldn't change a thing. My last USASF experience was a giant blur of "?!?!?!?!," but I'd like to say thank you to USASF for giving our teams the opportunity for these kinds of moments. Five years later, the emotions feel just as raw as they did in 2011 any time I talk about it. Best of luck to all teams this season. May you seize every unfortunate situation as an opportunity to create history.

Last edited:
After a month to recover and reflect on my 1st worlds experience as a parent and spectator i have a couple of observations and questions :

1. Why are only 2 division finals featured on the baseball field (with all the pomp, fireworks and pageantry)

2. Why did I have to sit thru 10 teams in both of those divisions when 3-5 would suffice to determine a champion

3. CA Wildcats had the highest overall worlds score and a jaw-dropping routine...yet they didn't get to perform on the big stage , followed by a fireworks display

USASF should consider bringing the top 3 in each of the divisions to compete with all the pomp, pageantry, crowds and fireworks...Along with an announcement of the overall grand champion .

I would pay a premium to see all that talent under one roof...instead of trying to run from one venue to another to try and catch 4 or 5 finals.

I'm a newbie...but not a dummy...finals and championship announcements should all take place at one time in one venue...1st come 1st serve on the tickets!!!!
Just like a concert...if you want to see it bad enough...you'll buy the ticket early...if not...watch it on a big screen in an overflow area!!!

One thing I will point out is that there is no official grand champ at Worlds as it is impossible to compare scores between divisions due to how the scoring is done. Yes, a team will have the highest score, but it's not accurate due to the comparative scoring. This is why that title is never awarded, the team just declares it themselves usually.

1. Those divisions aren't more important than the others, but historically they have drawn a bigger crowd. If you kind of think about it they're the division's with the most amount of participants, more difficult to field, so you see them in competition (with multiple teams ) less frequently and in many ways they're the flagship divisions of worlds

There was the whole ticket or whatever worlds thing that significantly limited the amount of folks in to see this division and this was their response (albeit a poor one) to getting the most amount of people in to watch

2. Just having the top 3 from each compete at the baseball stadium? Do you know how much placements can shift semis to finals? Based on that logic F5 would not have won
Since they weren't top 3 after day 1

Also, the first two divisions ever offered at Worlds were Senior All Girl and Senior Coed- and the All Girl teams were ones who are considered 'Large' today (CA, F5, etc). In 2005 they split into Small and Large, part of the reason those two divisions have a lot more draw. The fan history is longer.

I'm not sure what is the "right" time frame to wait after sending a letter to the entire board of directors before getting any kind of substantive response, but it has been over two weeks now. I have yet to receive anything from any of them that remotely addresses my concerns. (I don't count the offer to refund about 1/3 of the money that baseball-field athletes had spent to get to Worlds, as that was a tiny portion of my letter.)

I'm not sure what is the "right" time frame to wait after sending a letter to the entire board of directors before getting any kind of substantive response, but it has been over two weeks now. I have yet to receive anything from any of them that remotely addresses my concerns. (I don't count the offer to refund about 1/3 of the money that baseball-field athletes had spent to get to Worlds, as that was a tiny portion of my letter.)

When dealing with customers, any business should respond within 48 hours. I don't care how big/ busy your business is, 48 hours in the max. If the customer has multiple things to discuss which are going to require an extended conversation within that business, the customer should at least receive a "Thanks for your email. We see your concerns are X, Y and Z. We are going to speak with person A and person B to further address these issues. We will have a better answer to your concerns as of this date. We look forward to continuing this discussion." type note. That's crap that its been 2 weeks. It goes to show that USASF either a. doesn't care about its people, b. is afraid of its people, or c. thinks it's better than its people.

Back