All-Star Discussion - Cheer Perfection Tlc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Screenshot2012-07-26at84911AM.png

Read this on the CTR Facebook page. Just bugged me that they still just don't get it. And bothered by the way the poster pulled other gyms into it.

The gym is just doing damage control for its customers. Didn't the CTR parent on the board say some of their members were embrassed? It is easy to say it is only snobby level 5 athletes and their parents who disapprove of their spectacle on reality TV. They just do not get it.

The gym is just doing damage control for its customers. Didn't the CTR parent on the board say some of their members were embrassed? It is easy to say it is only snobby level 5 athletes and their parents who disapprove of their spectacle on reality TV. They just do not get it.
Yes, the CTR parent did - and I do think SHE finally got it after countless posters tried to explain to her that it was not showing level 2 that disturbed people at all but really everything else from the coaching to the parents to the inaccuracy of what skills were needed for what levels to the general viewing public. If this is their idea of damage control - a poorly worded, grammatically incorrect post that slams reputable gyms and their athletes - then they might want to hire a good PR firm to help them out because they're not doing themselves any favors with things like this.

Not trying to be mean but if you didn't want people to talk bad about your gym why would you guys have all these parents put there drama on tv! A lot of People might no want to go to your gym by seeing it in the way tlc made it look:) people made there desicion by the 28 minutes because durning those 28 minutes all we heard was drama and screaming it made a huge embarrassment of the sport we call allstar cheerleading:) this is just my opinion!! NO HATE PLEASE

For the record I understand your point of view but i guess "I don't get it".

I do not believe the mama drama displayed on the show was an embarassment to the sport. It was an embarassment to the moms for sure!

Right before the 1994 Olympics, it was alleged that Tonya Harding might have been part of the conspiracy to hurt Nancy Kerrigan. There was lots a drama around the sport of ice skating. Was it an embrassament to the sport? NO! It was an embarassment to Tonya Harding and her family.

I will be sure to let Krystal know her post has made it to Fierce board. LOL...I know she is going to love it and I look forward to her post.

Yes, the CTR parent did - and I do think SHE finally got it after countless posters tried to explain to her that it was not showing level 2 that disturbed people at all but really everything else from the coaching to the parents to the inaccuracy of what skills were needed for what levels to the general viewing public. If this is their idea of damage control - a poorly worded, grammatically incorrect post that slams reputable gyms and their athletes - then they might want to hire a good PR firm to help them out because they're not doing themselves any favors with things like this.

...and some of those countless posters did finally admit that they would rather see a higher level team representing the sport.;)

...and some of those countless posters did finally admit that they would rather see a higher level team representing the sport.;)
I think there were just as many of us who did not mind it being a level 2 team though, and said just that. It may have been a little bit of a surprise that Level 2 was the level chosen to be focused on, but don't forget, our kids all had to start somewhere, just like yours and the ones they showed on the show. It was never the level that bothered me. It was more the inaccurate portayal to the viewing audience of what skills were needed for a level 2 and that kids with fulls and back tucks were all "worried" about making a level 2 team. Amongst other things.

For the record I understand your point of view but i guess "I don't get it".

I do not believe the mama drama displayed on the show was an embarassment to the sport. It was an embarassment to the moms for sure!

Right before the 1994 Olympics, it was alleged that Tonya Harding might have been part of the conspiracy to hurt Nancy Kerrigan. There was lots a drama around the sport of ice skating. Was it an embrassament to the sport? NO! It was an embarassment to Tonya Harding and her family.

I will be sure to let Krystal know her post has made it to Fierce board. LOL...I know she is going to love it and I look forward to her post.

If I recall, the Tonya Harding incident was considered an embarrassment to the sport. How could it not be?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Back