All-Star Discussion - Cheer Perfection Tlc

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

I don't feel bad for anyone at that gym. That was their owners decision and if I had an owner who decided to make us all look like lunatics than I would be out of their faster than I can say cheer perfection. Sorry to sound harsh but the parents are the ones who decide where your child cheers and your gym put themselves out there knowing full and well what tlc would do.

No We werent. I'm not happy with how the show portrayed our gym. The moms were embarassing our girls however were not! Idon't understand why our level two team is now responsible for setting our sport back as some people have posted. It's like because they aren't a level five its an embarrassment...totally don't get that. I'm surprised and disappointed by the response from our fellow Allstar cheerleaders old and new. I have seen some nasty and rude posts made about our gym and our girls....posts made via twitter Facebook and this board either came from the parent of a cheerleader, a former cheerleader, current cheerleader or a coach.

Pictures making fun of our girls tweeting mean tweets that are retweeted by some of the top gyms in world. It is my opinion that some of those so called world champions have not behaved like champions at all. Mean girls mean girls......for me this was disheartening. This has been the most upsetting four girls to see the pictures with the captions written all over them is just plain rude and hurtful.

People hated us because the l2 was featured and because it wasn't a l5. Then it was posted that we had l6 and that wasn't good enough. On this very board someone posted they were afraid to hear we had l6 squad. Afraid, really? Your fears are based on what the 28 minutes you saw on TV. Ive seen people say we aren't a real gym because we haven't been to worlds, NCA or uca Nationals,really? Is that how a real gym is measured. They cheer world has deemed cheersport, Jamfest wsa mda and lots of other organizations as lackluster. Yet all of these organizations host competitions all over the world for thousands of teams every year.

I saw this post on twitter:
Tweet:There aren't any summer competitions Response: yes there are, south padre
Tweet:it's not a real competition. Response: not sure what you consider real
Response: youth silver grand champs. Twitter: out of how many teams
Response: 9! Twitter: what are their names

It's post like this that lead me to believe it doesn't matter what we do it will not be good enough. I hope the next show portrays us in a better light.

It's tough that you are caught up in the bad decisions that your gym owner has made. In regards to the post someone made about Level 6. the poster was horrified because of the poor technique demonstrated in the videos posted on youtube and the skills shown on the show itself. Level 6 is NOT typically something that is a level harder in difficulty than Level 5. Having a child who has done both of those levels you need to understand that level 5 is harder skills and typically full team doing those skills. Level 6 is a team of college age kids who can be level 1-5 but just love to still cheer and have fun. The SCARY part of level 6 is the higher pyramids and release stunts that are allowed. There have been tons of threads and posts the last few months as to the scary skills thrown on level 6 teams across the nation. So don't feel victimized by the comment about your 6 team. You are not being knocked in spite of having a level 6 team. It's more because you don't have a 5 which is the parameter that most go by. Hope this makes more sense to you.

I don't feel bad for anyone at that gym. That was their owners decision and if I had an owner who decided to make us all look like lunatics than I would be out of their faster than I can say cheer perfection. Sorry to sound harsh but the parents are the ones who decide where your child cheers and your gym put themselves out there knowing full and well what tlc would do.

While I agree that people should know about the drama (manufactured or otherwise) that a TLC show would bring, it's also not as simple as saying "leave the gym". I don't know how long CTR has been in business, but if you've been at the gym for several years you're probably more inclined to give the owners the benefit of the doubt. You also might have limited options in where you can go. I don't think that parents that stuck around but didn't actively participate in the show should be lumped into the same category as people who did.

I also completely agree with the sentiment that none of this is the fault of the kids and we should be careful not to point any hostility towards them. It's the adults who should've known and behaved better.

No We werent. I'm not happy with how the show portrayed our gym. The moms were embarassing our girls however were not! Idon't understand why our level two team is now responsible for setting our sport back as some people have posted. It's like because they aren't a level five its an embarrassment...totally don't get that. I'm surprised and disappointed by the response from our fellow Allstar cheerleaders old and new. I have seen some nasty and rude posts made about our gym and our girls....posts made via twitter Facebook and this board either came from the parent of a cheerleader, a former cheerleader, current cheerleader or a coach.

Pictures making fun of our girls tweeting mean tweets that are retweeted by some of the top gyms in world. It is my opinion that some of those so called world champions have not behaved like champions at all. Mean girls mean girls......for me this was disheartening. This has been the most upsetting four girls to see the pictures with the captions written all over them is just plain rude and hurtful.

People hated us because the l2 was featured and because it wasn't a l5. Then it was posted that we had l6 and that wasn't good enough. On this very board someone posted they were afraid to hear we had l6 squad. Afraid, really? Your fears are based on what the 28 minutes you saw on TV. Ive seen people say we aren't a real gym because we haven't been to worlds, NCA or uca Nationals,really? Is that how a real gym is measured. They cheer world has deemed cheersport, Jamfest wsa mda and lots of other organizations as lackluster. Yet all of these organizations host competitions all over the world for thousands of teams every year.

I saw this post on twitter:
Tweet:There aren't any summer competitions Response: yes there are, south padre
Tweet:it's not a real competition. Response: not sure what you consider real
Response: youth silver grand champs. Twitter: out of how many teams
Response: 9! Twitter: what are their names

It's post like this that lead me to believe it doesn't matter what we do it will not be good enough. I hope the next show portrays us in a better light.

I have learned a lot from Fierce Board in the past few years, much more than I learned at our first gym. Once I started learning, it did help me make the decision to switch gyms. Just to speak on one subject I have learned, it is the subject of "sandbagging." In general, gyms who build teams, purposely sandbagging for the sole purpose of winning a competition (not being short girls, injured girls, etc) do not tend to receive a lot of respect on this board. In fact, it has been said in the past that the program lacks integrity. WhenI wached "Cheer Perfection" we see that the Youth Silver team is made of several different level of girls. Alisha has said she "needed" her older daughter on Youth Silver, etc. For the competition at South Padre, I feel bad for the gym that Youth Silver was competiting against if they were a true level 2 team, up against a team sandbagging. Do you have any thoughts on this topic? Do you feel CTR is sandbagging for the sole purpose of winning? With 13 gyms in the cheer program, I don't see hurting for girls as an issue.

I do not feel the CTR owners had the best interst of the gym or the children in mind when they signed up for this show. From Alisha's own twitter account she simply gave the producers "what they wanted" like she has no say in the matter. I can understand the parents (who did not sign up for the show) frustartion and feel their gym is being picked on here on Fierce Board, but across America non-cheer families, new shows, and other shows are making fun of your gym. Doesn't that bother you more? At least on Fierce Board we are using comparisions to other programs and accepted/unaccpeted norms of the cheer industry. TLC can not edit a girl landing on her head while the coach was not payng attention.

This.

Maybe this whole experience will be an eye opener for some of the CTR parents who had no idea about the true nature of their owners/coaches, and the overwhelmingly negative comments about their program and coaching might serve as a wake up call to let them know there are many other cheer programs out there that do things the right way.
I did read though that the reason many of the parents who send their kids to CTR do so because CTR accommodates the pageant schedules, so at the end of the day nothing anyone says will change their thoughts on their gym if that is their priority.

i have read this briefly caught on to the discussion . no one on twitter was talking bad about the children they where talking about how bad the gym owner and parents made our sport look . they where fighting and screaming at there kids and walking into the gym floor . and also they are mainly talking about how they where moving kids up to level 2 with 0 tumbling . nothing to do with it not being a real gym and nothing to do with youth 2 being a bad division because my gym has the number 1 youth 2 team in the country all levels champs 2 years and cheersport champs 2 years in a row and 2nd place at nca by .001 . So just a little thought

I have learned a lot from Fierce Board in the past few years, much more than I learned at our first gym. Once I started learning, it did help me make the decision to switch gyms. Just to speak on one subject I have learned, it is the subject of "sandbagging." In general, gyms who build teams, purposely sandbagging for the sole purpose of winning a competition (not being short girls, injured girls, etc) do not tend to receive a lot of respect on this board. In fact, it has been said in the past that the program lacks integrity. WhenI wached "Cheer Perfection" we see that the Youth Silver team is made of several different level of girls. Alisha has said she "needed" her older daughter on Youth Silver, etc. For the competition at South Padre, I feel bad for the gym that Youth Silver was competiting against if they were a true level 2 team, up against a team sandbagging. Do you have any thoughts on this topic? Do you feel CTR is sandbagging for the sole purpose of winning? With 13 gyms in the cheer program, I don't see hurting for girls as an issue.

I do not feel the CTR owners had the best interst of the gym or the children in mind when they signed up for this show. From Alisha's own twitter account she simply gave the producers "what they wanted" like she has no say in the matter. I can understand the parents (who did not sign up for the show) frustartion and feel their gym is being picked on here on Fierce Board, but across America non-cheer families, new shows, and other shows are making fun of your gym. Doesn't that bother you more? At least on Fierce Board we are using comparisions to other programs and accepted/unaccpeted norms of the cheer industry. TLC can not edit a girl landing on her head while the coach was not payng attention.
I couldnt agree with this any more !! well said

Want to say thanks for all your feedback. Not sure what's next for us I don't think a new gym will change anything. Strongly considering taking a break.I have a completely different attitude about allstar cheer now. It is very different than that of allstar I knew 15 years ago.

Want to say thanks for all your feedback. Not sure what's next for us I don't think a new gym will change anything. Strongly considering taking a break.I have a completely different attitude about allstar cheer now. It is very different than that of allstar I knew 15 years ago.
If your daughter really loves cheer, and you want to leave CTR, check out CCU. If you do give cheer a break, there are some great dance studios in AR. Hope you find what works for you.

Back