All-Star Disqualifying Cheaters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Wow. I'm so naive. I never even imagined this kind of stuff happens until I read this thread. It might be obvious that my daughter is pretty new to cheer. Also, our gym is very small and just getting established, so we haven't been exposed to much of the ugliness described here.
Not to fear. This is a discussion about the exception not the rule. Most of the time the gyms are participating in good faith.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not to fear. This is a discussion about the exception not the rule. Most of the time the gyms are participating in good faith.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
That's the assumption I'm making. I've seen petty behavior in every sport in which my daughter has participated, and when my daughter switched from gymnastics to cheer, we were warned by a handful of people that it was aggressively competitive and full of catty people-- mainly parents. However, our experience has been 99% great. I think the worst stuff I ever saw was in 8 year old girl's slow pitch softball. So maybe glitter *is* the answer.

That's the assumption I'm making. I've seen petty behavior in every sport in which my daughter has participated, and when my daughter switched from gymnastics to cheer, we were warned by a handful of people that it was aggressively competitive and full of catty people-- mainly parents. However, our experience has been 99% great. I think the worst stuff I ever saw was in 8 year old girl's slow pitch softball. So maybe glitter *is* the answer.
Were the people warning you part of cheer, or were they speaking from an outsiders perspective.

Were the people warning you part of cheer, or were they speaking from an outsiders perspective.
Three cheer parents (two ex) and two gymnastics parents at gyms that had cheer programs. None of the five were from our state (CO). But again, our experience has been really good, so I worried about it for nothing. Our gym had all three of our teams at ABKC this past weekend, and everyone we ran into was polite and respectful, despite it being a very large event.

That said, I hope that this recent roster crackdown makes gyms think twice about cheating, and that gyms who don't cheat knowingly but are careless put a little more effort into ensuring their teams comply with the age grid.

Oh don't worry I'm new too . They are soft as puppy squeeze [emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like he said, he's new...he really has no clue how horrible we really are ;p However, the Parent's section does offer brownies and wine, so there is that.

Back