All-Star Disqualifying Cheaters

Welcome to our Cheerleading Community

Members see FEWER ads... join today!

Three cheer parents (two ex) and two gymnastics parents at gyms that had cheer programs. None of the five were from our state (CO). But again, our experience has been really good, so I worried about it for nothing. Our gym had all three of our teams at ABKC this past weekend, and everyone we ran into was polite and respectful, despite it being a very large event.

That said, I hope that this recent roster crackdown makes gyms think twice about cheating, and that gyms who don't cheat knowingly but are careless put a little more effort into ensuring their teams comply with the age grid.

What gym are you with? I was there this weekend too and am curious if you're part of the gym that came to my mind when you said CO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Helloooooooo

**There is a fine line between looking Fierce in a routine and looking Ehr Meh Gawwd**

Boxer-Dog-as-Saint-Sensation-Cheerleader-new-orleans-saints-16834553-1024-768.jpg

Competing kids out if their age range and having too many athletes isn't the only way to cheat. Having an athlete cross to more than 2 other teams is cheating too. I don't think that was always limited and I know of gyms in the past which had their boys compete on many teams at many levels because their numbers were needed but that wasn't illegal at the time.

And we don't know the situation either. Not that I'm making excuses- just playing devils advocate. Maybe an athlete got hurt or sick and they had someone fill in etc. it's wrong because they were violating the rules but you can see how a small program might need to do that so that they don't have to pull a team and disappoint the other 19 kids or whatever. Of course the solution there is to inform the EP and ask to perform but only as an exhibition. That way the kids get to hit the mat but it's not unfair to their competitors

I don't know why in cheer the TM or coach doesn't have a copy of birth certificates with them at comps. We had to do that for football and baseball. I had a couple of times where the other coach would question the age of one of our players and we had to show the league coordinator the BC of the child. It should be the same in cheer.

I wouldn't be comfortable with a TM having a copy of my CP birth certificate. I dont think gyms should be held responsible for false information or altered legal document given to them by parent for an athlete. I'm sure there had to be more investigation into this scenario then just the obvious for it to result in these consequences mentioned.

I wouldn't be comfortable with a TM having a copy of my CP birth certificate. I dont think gyms should be held responsible for false information or altered legal document given to them by parent for an athlete. I'm sure there had to be more investigation into this scenario then just the obvious for it to result in these consequences mentioned.

Our prior gym wanted our TM's to have a copy of my CP's birth certificate and I said no. There is just no need for that; if she needs it, it'll safely be in my purse.

Our prior gym wanted our TM's to have a copy of my CP's birth certificate and I said no. There is just no need for that; if she needs it, it'll safely be in my purse.

I wouldn't give a TM my CP's birth certificate either. I'd give her emergency medical info and maybe a copy of our insurance card if I anticipated not being at the venue the entire time (going back to our hotel room, helping with hair and makeup in another area). But never something that could aid identity theft. I have brought CP's birth certificate to comps before and left it in my safe in my hotel room.

When I had parents who were worried about the security of uploading birth certificates last year (that was one of my fun jobs at the gym last year), I was told that USASF only needs the kid's name and date of birth (and whatever on the birth certificate indicates that it is an official BC). The names of the parents, and all the other extraneous information, can be blacked out. I would not have a problem giving a BC to a TM if it basically just had CP's name and date of birth on it.

I get the identity theft worry but does anyone seriously think a team mom is going to pilfer a kid' birth certificate for identity theft?

As I said before, when I was TM for baseball and football, they were kept in a notebook with me at all times during tournaments and football games. I never had an issue with any parents. Mostly because it was a requirement, not by me but by the sports' governing bodies.

Back